Chapter Seventeen - Feeling Slightly Lost

Ryder's POV

Dear Ryder, 

It's nice to hear from you, Apache is going good I rode him yesterday, just walking nothing much. I brought a new horse, her names Token, there's a photo in here of her. After the run I made in Dallas I decided to retire Bird and breed her. She isn't enjoying it anymore and I don't want to make her do it if she isn't liking it. Maple is going great and I also discovered that Bird gets separation anxiety when Maple isn't around. Convenient isn't it? I think that I'm going to spend a bit more time training my horses and a little less time competing, I might just try it. Regain everything again. I hope that you're having fun and maybe you can send me some of those photos some time.

Love Ail

I lay back on the hotel bed and look at the photo of Token, she's a beautiful horse

I lay back on the hotel bed and look at the photo of Token, she's a beautiful horse. I pull the cigarette from my pocket and walk out to the balcony and light it. As I stand here taking drags of the cigarette I think of last nights ride it was a good ride I came in first which was good, I got hung up though. That scares me a lot when that happens. But I guess I'm going to get scared in this sport no matter what.