20. Meant To Be This Way? (Part 4/4)

// (Y/m/n) = your mother's name, (M/l/n) = mother's last name.//

Peter and I have been in Neverland for a very long time. I've spent the time of my life, loving every second of it.

I still find myself thinking about Leah though...

"(Y/n), there's a new kid in your town. A new lost and desperate kid. What do you think? Should we take him here?" Asks Peter and walks in front of me. I look around me.

"We have many Lost Boys already... but I guess a new one wouldn't hurt." I say and smile at him.

Pan just smirks and lifts my chin up. After that, he gives me a quick kiss on my lips and then he's about to summon his shadow.

"Wait. Maybe we should go there. I mean just to make sure those desperate feelings are in him for a reason..." I explain to Peter. He just smirks at my comment.

"What?" I ask him, my lips turning into a smile.

"You want to have a possibility to see Leah. I didn't even realize. Of course we're going." He says and takes my hand. He sprinkles me in pixie dust and then we both raise in the air.

After a beautiful flight which seemed like only two minutes, we land on the ground. The very same ground where I used to walk...

Wait. My mother is probably still here... should I go talk to her? Does she even remember my existence? Does she even know where I have been this whole time..? Does she even care..?

Many questions and memories run in my head. I look around me and see Peter looking at me worried.

"Are you sure this was a good idea to come here, love?" He asks and comes closer.

"I'm okay. I just wonder if my mother wants to see me..." I tell him.

"You can always try... but I'm warning you. Since we don't really know how long it has been... you might find something that hurts you..." He says and looks away.

I just nod at him and start to walk towards my house which is barely able to see.

I knock on the door and wait for my mom to open it.

Which surprises me is that it's not my mother who opens the door. It's an old man, someone I've never seen.

"Yes?" He asks me while I look at him confused.

"Uh... do you know where is (Y/m/n) (M/l/n)?" I ask him.

I'm starting to get nervous when I notice the old man's face turning sad.

"What is it?" I ask him. My heart's bouncing like crazy.

"(Y/m/n) (M/l/n) committed a suicide five years ago..." Says the old man and looks at me in the eyes.

I feel like my heart stops for a moment. My eyes fill with tears as I look down in disbelief.

"She did... what?" I ask, not wanting to believe anything.

"I'm so sorry to be the one to tell you... the reason she took her life was because... she talked about a daughter. She told everyone to look for her daughter. She tried to find her for seven years, not giving up even once... but then she lost her mind and gave up. She took her life, hoping that she'd see her daughter in heaven." Explains the man. I drop on my knees and bury my face in my hands.

It's been twelve years?

"Hey, girl, you actually look a lot like she described her daughter..." Says the man. I look at him in the eyes with my crying ones. Then I nod.

The old man puts his hand in front of his mouth and looks sad. "I'm so sorry... but one thing I have to ask... how are you still about the same age she described you to be twelve years ago?" He asks confused.

I stand up, not knowing what to say. I decide to run away from him. This place is now way too painful to remember.

I run back to Peter, straight into his arms. I bury my face in his clothes and cry out loud.

"What happened, love?" He asks me, sounding extremely worried. I cry for a few moments before explaining the situation to him.

"I am so sorry, (Y/n)." Peter says after I explained everything. He hugs me tightly and then looks at me in the eyes.

"Let's do what we came here for and then leave." He says. I nod at him and wipe my tears.

Peter starts to play his pipes in order to bring the possible new Lost Boy to us.

It doesn't take long to notice a hooded boy walking towards us.

"Why do you feel lost?" Asks Peter like he usually does to the new ones.

"I'm looking for my parents." Says the boy with an awfully girly voice...

He takes his hood off and reveals that he's actually a she.

Peter and I change looks. She looks too familiar somehow.

Wait.

"H-how old are you?" I ask with a shaking voice. Could it be possible..?

"I'm twelve." She says and looks at me a little confused.

I feel like my heart skips a beat.

"L-leah?" I ask her carefully. "How'd you know my name?" She asks, confirming my theory. My eyes widen as I look at Peter who's as confused as I.

"What do you know about your parents?" Asks Peter. "I know that they left me. Then they disappeared and nobody even knew who they were." Says Leah, sounding upset. I don't blame her...

We change looks with Peter again.

"You probably have loving parents already, even if they aren't your birthparents..." I point out.

"Nope. My "mother" took her life five years ago and my "father" and I moved away from that house. Then he became a man with a bad drinking problem and he kept saying "I wish you didn't find your way to me" every day." Says Leah and starts to tear up.

My jaw literally drops. My mother kept Leah? And she had a man? What?

I start to feel dizzy and then loose the control of my legs. The last thing I remember is collapsing on the ground and losing my consciousness...

After what feels like only a couple of minutes, I open my eyes. I'm laying on a bed and stand up immediadly. I'm in a tent.

"M-mother?" Asks someone. I turn to look at the direction the voice came from. Leah is standing outside my tent, peeking inside.

"I explained everything to her while you were unconscious." Says Peter and smiles, putting his hand on Leah's shoulder. I start to feel tears of joy as Leah rushes towards me and hugs me.

"Yes. We are your real parents. I'm so sorry for everything that happened to you, sweetie." I say. Then I look at Peter who's smiling widely.

Later that day

"... so you shall never harm her in any kinds of ways. She's one of the youngest Lost Boys, well a girl, and she's our daughter as I told you before. Don't take her in your dangerous games or else..." Says Peter to the Lost Boys. Leah is sitting proudly on a tree trunk. I smile at her and she smiles back at me.

How could she forgive me so easily? She's so sweet, the sweetest daughter you'll ever have. I love her so much...

And so, the king of Neverland, Peter Pan and the queen of Neverland, (Y/n) are living happily the eternity they're going through with their daughter and the Lost Boys.