Chapter 1

Athanasia's Perspective:

Lucas Gabrielle Valentino, my childhood enemy. Actually we are supposed to be childhood friends, thanks for his jerkiness! I suffered for seven whole years, being with this jerk.

Thankfully we moved out of the city because of some work from my parents.

Wooohoooo!!! Freedom!!

I was so glad that I can finally escape from all the torture he gave to me for 7 years. But then 11 years later, my sweet freedom slowly starts to crumble.

"Athy, sweetie... C'mere," Mom called from the living room.

"Yes?" I answered walking towards her and sat across the table.

Mom leaned towards me and said, "You know... Uhh... Our company decided to have with an alliance with another company...."

"Then?" I tilted my head, blinking. "Isn't that great?"

"And uhh... in order to make an alliance uhh... your dad and I decided to.... ermm.... get you and their son.... engaged..." Mom said nervously.

I blinked, trying to process myself. The word 'engaged' rang in my head as I slowly starts to fade away from the world. As soon as I can finally understand what my mom said, I took a deep breath and yelled at the top of my lungs.

"WHAT?!" I yelled, my eyes widened in shock, it's like they're about to fall out. "W-w-w-whatdoyoumean?! did dad approved this?!"

"Sweetie, calm down... I-"

"How can I calm down?!" I cut her of.

First they gave me a jerk friend and now this?!

"Our company is about to collapse... We have no choice!" Mom explained, staring at me with pleading eyes.

I frowned, "So you cared more about the company and didn't even care about my thoughts about this?!"

"That's why I'm asking you this..." Mom calmly said, hoping that I also would calm down and listen to her.

"And my answer is no!!" I huffed, standing up as I leave her there and stomped towards my room.

Ughh.. Way to start my morning..

3rd person's Perspective:

"Nope!! No, uh-uh!! I won't marry a stranger!!" A voice of an 19 year-old boy echoed from the office.

"Son, please think about this..." The man who sat in front of the boy said, his hands grasped together to hold his patience. "It's for the sake of our company.."

"Oh.." The boy paused, blinking. He tapped his chin as if he was thinking about it. "Okay, lemme think.. hmm.." He looked down to his father with a deadpanned look and said. "No."