The Young Master

I don't get it. What's there more to clean? Anya let out a small pout as she shined the celadon vase. Everything in this place was flawless yet the mistress still found things for the maids to tidy up. Currently, Anya was stationed in a long hall lined with priceless artifacts. Luckily, she hadn't broken anything. Yet. She was tempted to destroy something on purpose but decided against it.

The other maids moved deeper into the hall, more efficient with their work while Anya poured over the vase. She finally set down the celadon and moved on to polishing the glass display case of a ruby amulet. She tugged down the dress of her uniform; it felt way too short. Not to mention all the frills and the lace; it made her feel uncomfortably cute and exposed. The tough-as-nails Anya Haroldsman was not cute. This was totally gonna ruin her social image. The will to leave Wonderland was now stronger than ever.

"Gorgeous, isn't it?"

"Oh, I didn't see you there... Master." Anya swallowed bile while responding to Raven as monotonous as she could. Calling someone "master" while in a maid outfit was too cringey and stereotypical for her to bear. Besides, people gave her weird looks if she put too much emotion into her voice. "Did you need something?"

"Yes. I am starving after my meeting and I need refreshments. Go to the cook and get me some tea and snacks. I will be retiring to my quarters now, so meet me there."

"Of course." There was just one problem.

Anya had no freaking clue where the kitchen was or even where the young master's bedroom was. She could ask, but now there was no one near her. The other maids had left to do other chores, and Raven had headed off already. She was screwed. She did come up with a solution, but was yelling "I'm lost! Help!" inside a pristine manor considered rude? Probably was and Anya didn't really want to risk it.

Instead, she wandered a bit and managed to find someone, who told her directions. She hastily put together a tray of food, trying not to stumble as she carried it up to the west wing, where Raven Grimlocke's bedroom was. Anya opened the door with her foot, seeing as her hands were full.

"You took your time with that." Anya nearly dropped the tray.

"Uh, Young Master...? Pardon me for my bluntness, but why the heck are you shirtless!?" she managed to squeak. Lucky for her, he had some casual pants on but his chest was on full display.

"Oh, I just took a shower. Set the tray on my desk."

Mutely, Anya obeyed, the silverware clattering a bit when she set it down too forcefully.

"You are a clumsy one, indeed," Raven noted.

"I'm new here," Anya told him surly. She gripped the hem of her stupid uniform, staring at the ground while trying to keep a scowl off her face.

Raven put on a long jacket but left the front unbuttoned. He poured himself some tea and sat down on a chair. "If there is something you wish to say, then say it. It does not do anyone any good if you keep your thoughts to yourself."

"Do you really want to know what I'm thinking?"

"Go ahead."

"Put some freaking clothes on!!!" Anya roared, ripping her apron off and throwing it at Raven's face. "I'm a girl, you idiot! Have some decency! Nobility or not, you should at least know your boundaries! When you ask a lady to do something for you, at least put a darn shirt on before she walks in! Sheesh!"

"...Is that all?" He removed Anya's apron and folded it up, handing it back to her.

"You should consider yourself lucky that it is," Anya snarled, snatching her apron out of Raven's hands. "If I didn't want to lose my job, then I would have pounded your face in right then and there."

"Servants should not talk or act like that."

"You asked for my thoughts and I gave 'em to you. This is your own darn fault, stupid rich kid!"

"That is true. You are dismissed," Raven said with a wave of his hand.

"And good riddance!" Anya huffed, storming out of the room.