Chapter 42

Haley

I pulled the curtains closed and decided to eat my lunch. The car was there the whole afternoon. Elena took the TV back, so I have to use my phone to watch Netflix. From time to time, I peeked through the curtains to see if the car was still there and it seem like the person have all the times in the world and was still sitting there.

Archer said he will come over for dinner and I told him we can meet tomorrow.He was confused.It's not safe to have him here. I wonder if someone is following him, but I know he have securities around him.

And while talking to Archer I slightly pulled the curtain to see the car and I see a short man stepping out and he stretched a little. Finally!

"Hold on." I said to Archer.

The man was very short, chubby and have a sunglass on. He was wearing all black.

I took photos of him from the window making sure it's clear. He put on his cap on and walked to a tree and was doing the most inappropriate thing ever. He was doing his business there. I see a neighbour with his dog walking passed him and then there was confrontation followed by shouts and the man was getting on his car. I took the screenshot of his license plate as well. The neighbour took screenshot of the man's plate as well as picture and I think he was calling the police because you can't be doing your business in area where everyone can see you.

The short man was confronting the man and soon people gathered around the car.

Archer called me back.

"What happened? Why did you end the call?"

"Something amusing happened." I said as I watched from my window. The cops were finally here and I could breathe a sigh of relief.

"Should I be concerned about?"

"You don't have to.. my neighbours did it." I chuckled.

"What you mean?"

"Someone who was following me did something stupid and now there's police." I said. I can see the neighbours coming out and was talking to the police.

"Someone was what?"

"I did a test version." I said. "this afternoon." clearly distracted from what was happening outside and when I realized what I admitted. I added a "just kidding."

I see two cops crossing the roads and coming to my building's direction and then I heard the door bell.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Cops are here, talk to you later." And I ended the call.

"Yes." I said to the two police men.

They introduced themselves to me and asked me questions about whether this car was parked there the whole day.

"Yes, but when I went to buy lunch.. I think it followed me." I said.

The officers looked at each other.

"Why do you think so?"

"I turned around a couple of times and I noticed that car.. I came back home and he was parking back to where it is now."

"Do you know the man?" He asked and I looked behind them and shake my head.

"Do you live here?"

"Was living here.. I started working in New York last week and I'm back here for work." I said.

The officers asked me couple of questions of where I went and approximately what time.

A K-9 was called and the car was searched.