Chapter 40

Haley

"I need a good reason for it." He said.

"We see each other every single day and for more than half a day." I said. "You may want to have fun in Seattle.. and I don't want to bother you."

"I would be much bothered knowing you are alone in your apartment." He said.

"When was the last time you visited Seattle?"

"During the inauguration of Whistler."

"That long?" I said. Most likely five-six years?

"Yes, I didn't have any reasons to. They usually come over here and I can check everything from here." He said.

"Well, now's the perfect time to enjoy your weekend there."

"I don't feel good about your idea." He tells me.

And you shouldn't be because I will be doing a stupid thing. I won't literally talk to my stalker, just observe them.

"You should seriously trust me." I said.

"I do.. I just don't trust the people who wants to harm you." He said.

"Don't worry, I'm well trained in the field of martial arts." I said.

"Are you now?" He said slightly amused.

"I am." I said proudly. "You can definitely trust me to take care of myself."

"So you want alone time in Seattle? No supervision at all?" He emphasize on the word, alone time.

"Yes."

"Can we meet up for lunch or dinner at least?"

"We will see.." I said.

"I will do as you are asking because I trust you." He said. "But you have to promise me to be safe and keep me posted at all times." He said sounding unsure.

"I will." I said.

Now, that's what I call a good negotiation. How am I suppose to keep people away from me while I'm in Seattle?

I spent my lunch hour with him. We kept aside our work talk and spoke about us, mostly about me. He's curious about me and I was open to conversation. He didn't share much and maybe he's one of those people who needs time to open up. I didn't want to push him yet for information.

I took our plates away to the small kitchen. There's a cleaning lady who was doing dishes. She's in charge of cleaning the dishes and keeping this small space clean. Her name is Patricia and she has been working here from the beginning the company started.

"Hello Patricia." I greeted her.

She's very warm and very cheerful. She is shorter than me by an inch. Her beautiful dark hair was tied up in a pony tail.

"If it is Ms.Lynne." She said cheerfully.

I smiled, she took the plates from my hands.

"Thanks Patricia." I said. "How's your day going?"

"Good." She said. "Tonight I get to meet my grandson." I can see excitement in her eyes.

"That's wonderful."

"I'm going to take him for dinner at McDonald's. He love McDonald's." She smiled fondly.

"How old is he?" I asked.

"Three years old." She smiled.

"I hope you have a wonderful evening with your grandson." I said.