Chapter 24

Haley

Archer was in his office throughout the morning. From time to time he asked me to transferred calls to him and people showed up at his office.

Mrs.Nolan delivered our foods.He called me to his office and reminded me to go for my break.

"Your lunch is here." I said. "Would you like to eat now?"

"Not now." He said. "You can go ahead for lunch. We have meeting after lunch right?"

"Yes." I said.

"Okay. Thank you." He said looking back at his computer and I walked towards the door and before I exited he said, "And Ms.Lynne.." he paused. I turned to looked at him, "You are doing good." He give me a smile and I returned one to him.

I met Caitlin and some other women on the lobby as we made our way outdoor for lunch. They said the weather was good for to stay outdoor. Caitlin introduced me to the three other women.

"Where are you from?" Ann asked me. She's a beautiful Asian woman.

"Seattle." I said.

"So you moved here?" Caitlin asked surprised.

"Yes." I said.

"Did you have time to tour?" Macy, she have beautiful dark skin and big green eyes. They are all so pretty and so confident.

"A little." I smiled.

"How's your day going so far?" Ann asked curiously. "With the sexy Archer." She swooned in delight.

I laughed a little. "Have been good so far."

"Has he been showing attitudes?" Caitlin asked.

"No." I said cautiously. "Why would you say that?"

"He's been not so nice with his other assistant. They don't stick around for long." Ann sighed. "I wouldn't mind working for him."

"I'm sure you don't." Lilliana said rolling her eyes at her.

"I hope you stick around." Caitlin said. "I have had enough with different assistant." she sighed.

I doubt I will be sticking around for quite long as well.

"Is this our new staff?" Two man approached us and looked at me with curious look.

"Mr. Wilson, Mr. Miller." Caitlin greeted. "This is Ms.Lynne, assistant of Mr.Rivera."

They looked surprised. "New assistant, already?"

The both men was tall and handsome, neatly dressed and seemed polite.

"Can we join you guys?" Mr. Wilson asked.

"Of course." Macy said.

They have good sense of humour and are very polite. I looked at my watch and I noticed our break was about to end.

"Would you like to grab coffee with me someday?" Trevor Miller asked me, his dark eyes had hope in his eyes and I was not sure how to reject his offer.

"I will let you know." I said.

He smiled and then said goodbye to me before leaving with Gregory.

I found out Archer didn't have his lunch yet when I returned to let him know my break was over.

"You didn't have your lunch yet?" I asked.

"I was busy." He said still working on his computer and I unintentionally scowled at my boss.