Chapter 7

Haley

I thought he was going to argue with me.

"Okay, instead of paying for the living expense. You can use that money to shop because we are not going to Seattle."

"But." I pouted and sighed.

"Okay, maybe for a day or two." He said sounding defeat. "We can go to Seattle."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, but it can't be tomorrow."

"But why?" I asked.

"I have  pending work that I need to finish here." He said.

"But..."

"You will be staying here with me tonight. I have an extra room in the suite."

"My things are there."

"I'll ask someone to bring it over."

"I have things that needs to be pack."

He sighed.

"Okay, we will go to that hotel after dinner. Remind me again why am I doing this?"

"For your safety?" I said sweetly.

"If it was for my safety.. I couldn't care less about dropping by to the Hotel just for you to pack..."

"Thank you?" I tried a better approach.

He shrugged it off. "Since we made a remarkable progression. Let's go for dinner. I'm starving."

I give him a small smile.

We walked inside the lavish restaurant that's attached to the hotel. The lighting was good, expensive decoration surrounded the whole place. Chandelier in the middle of the restaurant, I see musician playing soft music in the corner. This place is definitely not for me. I see people wearing expensive clothes and I felt self-conscious about myself.

"You look beautiful." Archer said surprising me with his comment.

I was in a plain white shirt and skinny jeans with slip on shoes.

I give him a thankful smile as we approached my friends who was drinking champagne. I don't even want to recall last night's event.

Kristine and Bonnie was of course curious about our conversation and was waiting for me to say something, but he was there... am I suppose to share the news with them?

The dinner was a three-course meals. The food was delicious, but the only thing that bothered me was that it was awkward. None of us and that included Kristine was able to start a conversation.

I was expecting to leave with Bonnie and Kristine after dinner, but as he mentioned earlier he was going to follow me everywhere I go... he seriously needs to find the culprit and stop wasting his time planning my life.

"Audi.Sweet." Kristine said as the black car pulled in front of us. She took a quick picture with the car.

I wanted to sit at the back, at least a little space from that man-but I don't know what his problem was? He wanted me to sit in front.

"I will still be in the car?" I said rolling my eyes at him as I huffed in annoyance and decided to make him mad by defying him and sit at the back. Not everything will go his way, he needs to learn that.

He was not happy by my decision and Bonnie was uncomfortable by the tension in the car while Kristine was taking video of the outside view.

The drive to our Hotel was of a short distance.

"She's staying over with me tonight." He announced.

I looked at the rear view mirror and made eye contact with him. I was suppose to break that news to them, you douche! I was waiting for my friends and I to be alone to break the news. He have a smirk on his face and I know, this was his way of showing who's in charge.

"Why?" Bonnie looked at me for explanation.

Should I be really honest with them? I don't want them to worry about me.

"C'mon tell them." Archer pushes me to tell them and I wanted to smack his head from behind, if only he was not driving.

That thought bothered me, since when do I get violent with people or have those thoughts in my mind?

"I'm transferring to New York." I said quietly.

"You're what?" Kristine turned around to look at me both shock and upset.

"Do you have to?" Bonnie asked.

"It's a temporary transfer." I emphasis on the temporary because that's the truth. It better be the truth or I'm going to seriously kick the man in the place where he doesn't want to be kicked.

He chuckled, most likely at my discomfort.

"But you still have to come back with us to Seattle to pack?" Bonnie said.

"That's exactly what I thought." I said looking at Archer.

"She's still a suspect." Archer said and I scowled at him. I thought he knows about my innocence.

"I think we are passed that." Kristine said. "No evidence..."

"I'm joking." He laughs and give me a quick wink from the rear-view mirror. "She's my assistant."

"What?" Both Kristine and Bonnie said at the same time.

"My assistant resigned and I was looking for another one and Ms. Lynne here agreed to be my assistant."

When did I? He was expecting me to back him up and feeling guilty about what I did last night made me agreed with him.

"So, you started work already?" Bonnie said surprised. "Isn't it still your vacation day?"

"We negotiated and I'm returning one of her vacation day back to her." He saved my b*tt, but not literally. He's the one who put me in the situation in the first place.

"Why are you speaking for her? She can talk to us about it?" Kristine said.

Thank you, Kristine. What will I do without you in New York with this man?

Archer will definitely push my buttons and boss me around, irony he's my boss as well.

Archer wanted to follow us to our room although it was not necessary but he said he would like to.

"You should wait in the car." I said to him. "We need some alone time."

"What if you plot something against me?" He asked, but I see humour in his eyes.

"You are giving me your assistant's position and assistant knows way more things about their boss- I believe you trust me."

"Fair point." He said. "Don't come to the parking lot, it's dark. Save my number and call me and I will drive up to the door. Understand?"

"As much as I like your concern, you could have said it in a better way." I pointed out. "I'm still on vacation, so I don't consider you as my boss at the moment.."

He smiled, a genuine smile and it's heartwarming. I should go in before I get pulled by his charm.

"I'll see you." I said.

"Okay." He said. "Call me." And I nodded my head before walking inside the hotel.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with other readers. Next update will be in the evening:)