Chapter 12

Haley

"We'll be taking another car, come let's go." He said as he led me to the entrance of the hotel where I could see a black Range Rover SUV parked.

"Mr.Rivera."A middle aged man with salt and pepper hair colour greeted him.

"Thank you Bob." Archer said.

"It was a pleasure to serve you. We hope to see you.." and looked at me.

"She's Ms.Lynne, my friend." He said surprising me with his introduction.

"Ms.Lynne." Bob smiled. "We hope to see you around, soon."

"Thank you." I said tucking my hair behind my ear.

We sat in the car while Stephen and Grant put the luggage in the trunk.

"Where would you like to eat?" Stephen asked. He was driving while Grant sat beside him in the passenger seat.

"Anywhere near the airport." He looked at his watch. I checked my phone. It's four-fifteen now. Where the time went?

The ride was quiet with exception of numerous calls coming for Archer. He spoke about some topics I have no idea about. He was curt and short with his talk.

We arrived at an Italian restaurant, the place was small and shiny.

"What would you like to eat?" He asked.

"Anything." I said shyly.

He called our server who was batting her eyelashes at him . "What would you recommend for someone who have egg and sesame allergies?" He asked.

"We have eggless pasta noodles with your choice of sauce. I will notify the chefs about the allergies." She said.

"Perfect." He muttered. "What would you like Haley?" He looked at me.

"Bolognese sauce with the eggless pasta please."

"Make it two of that, please." He said without looking at her. "Any drinks? Wine?"

"No, thank you." I don't want to drink now.

"Juice?" He asked.

"Water will be just fine." I said.

"We have still and sparkling." The woman recommended looking at him, but his eyes was on me.

"Sparkling for me, please." I said.

"Make it two of that as well, thanks." He said and handed her the menu.

She left soon and I looked at him. I was going to ask him how he feels about being the centre of attention always, but kept my mouth shut. I have crossed way too many boundaries and he doesn't really appreciate what comes out of my mouth and if I will be working with him. I have to learn to open my mouth when necessary.

Our drinks came first followed by our foods.

"Why are you so quiet?" He asked.

"I don't think you will appreciate if I talk to you." I said.

He frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"Half the time you are pissed when I say something."

"Do I?" He adorably tilted one side of his head.

Did I just called him adorable? He's your boss. My subconscious reminded.

"I don't remember being mad at you most of the time."

"What you want to talk about?" I asked. What do a boss and staff talk about when they are eating. "Weather?" My eyes widened. "Does my job include telling you the forecast of the day?"