2) Meri Behna?: I miss her

Mulai dari awal

And like his dad, he helped himself too. My nanu shook his head and sat, while my nani brought my favourite person out.

My badi beeji (BB)! 

'Every day I've to hear all of you screaming. And Pinky tone it down, it's not good for your age.' She scolded her daughter in-law like always, she could walk on her own but sometimes needed help, 'And Dabbu, you're a dad of a fifteen year old beta, when will you grow?'

BB sat on the head seat while everyone else sat on their seats, they were still wondering who made such aromatic breakfast for them. 'And it's been twenty three years now, you'll should know only one person makes such perfect round paratha.'

Smiling, I held the jalebis and presented myself to my sweet weird family.

'Surprise! Today's breakfast is on me. Janvi special.'

One may wonder who'd get up at six in the morning, rush to their neighbouring house, enter their house in the most silent way possible and cook two dishes and two desserts for their family only to have their huge smile melt me down?

Me. I just live for their smiles.

And literally all of them were smiling at me. As widely as they can, happy to see me even though I stay next door.

'Mera baccha.' My Nani exclamied, while I took blessings from BB, 'Why did you have to do all this sweetheart?'

'Arey nani. You're backache keeps your smile upside down and Janvi is here to fix it.'

She side hugged me and made me sit next to her, 'Learn Dabbu, Samar, learn from my Janvi.'

'So good to have you here after so long.' Nanu said lovingly, 'Come here often gudiya, We miss you.'

'Yes. And Samar is an idiot, and I'd love my daughter with me more often than this one.' Dabbu chachu said smiling while Samar frowned.

'Haw. Nothing against my baby brother.'

'I am not a baby, I'm thirteen. Beeji!'

'Virat kaha hai beta?' Badi beeji said, 'Is he not dining with us?'

And then on the very moment my Paa entered, smiling because he like me waiting for his entry.

Such a dramatic father, I swear.

'I was hoping you'd call me.'

He took their blessings and sat besides me, while Samar and Dabbu chachu sat across from us. We all helped ourselves with the food and they all thanked me for making it.

This was small family. There was a portrait of my mother and badi ma just behind the table and they all made me who I am today.

Everyone loved everyone here. And the best part was that they showed it. My BB would keep screaming at my Pinky nani but whenever the latter was worried, my BB would be the first to know.

My nanu chachu never said a lot to me, but he often looked at me with such love, I never needed words to understand he missed his daughters.

My Dabbu mama was my personal warrior. He was extremely fond of me and would die than have anything happen to me.

My brother Samar was my personal best, he knew me in and out. And thankfully we didn't words to express each other. All I had to do was look at him and he'd get that.

And my Paa? The big physically built person seated next to me? He was my best friend.

Virat Chaudhary was my hero. And not just in words. I've seen him enslaved for years at a job he didn't like for me to get a good education. I've seen him go to bed hungry because I may eat something. I've seen him miss my mother so much to the point it made him cry. Afterall he did take my mother's surname.