11) Meri Behna? Cryptic

Baking Tip for the Day: Make sure to grease the pan before pouring the batter

Mansi's POV

Brother Sister relationships are those I've heard a lot about, how they quarrel, or make up for their fights, legit tease and taunt till death but when words aren't spoken, brothers understand deeply.

As a sister to Veer, I was absent to all the emotions. We were distant although we were the fruits of the same tree. Neither did he feel for me and to be honest, nor did I. And it didn't matter now though, so we just went with it.

However, Samar was my closest thing to having a brother and he was my everything, from bullying him to actually acknowledging his presence, Samar was my escape from being in this world.

Obviously after Janvi.

We always fought, him and I, but I'm sure he'd do anything for me. However he was quiet since last night, no remarks or anything. He agreed to help us, kept his mouth shut in front of elders during the breakfast and spoke nothing.

Nothing as in actually nothing.

He was thinking something and Janvi and I were plain worried about him. Maybe something wasn't working well at school or last night something we said hurt him?

Also, Janvi was lost during breakfast too. She was always calm, collected and a happy personality and hardly anyone noticed her being super silent because she was always super silent, speaking only when time permited. But this time, she wasn't herself, just lost.

I asked her what was wrong, she looked at me, her eyes held so many emotions but she declined with a smile which was so fake. However, we did agree to not talk about anything personal in the agreement so maybe that's what it was.

Then I asked Samar what was wrong, he said nothing and left the scene without me questioning him any further. Veer obviously went to med school as it was friday, last day of the week and I had to go office before the weekend hits.

That reminded me of the party tomorrow night, because one of my closest friend was celebrating her 23rd birthday and I had to go for the celebration. But that also meant I had to meet up and face my ex-boyfriend.

All rich freaks had the same circle of friends and since Ansh was always around, I made sure to not go for anymore parties unless only my closest friends were coming. It's not the first time I'm meeting him, but not a lot though.

He's an asshole and he knows how to twist the world for his needs. All of my rich friends fucking know that and considering how much Anshuman's arrival will help their paparazzi, they're definitely going to make sure he comes.

And if he comes, I'm always going to be the one with her heart in hand, broken and walked upon.

So, I let go of Janvi's and Samar's problems and thought how to face mine.

_

'Oh come on Mandy, you're coming to the party bitch. It's my birthday.'

'Yea, bitch, come on dude. You always back out. But not Anna's birthday. It's going to be rad.'.

Anna or Ahana Dilher and Milli Shilon were my only friends whom I considered as closest, not that they were because no one could replace Janvi, but they were passable.

Mostly because they weren't bitchy than the rest of them and I'm sure that even though these two have spoken behind my back, they cared enough to call me for the invite.

That calls for something right?

Like I said, the rich parents society to which my father belonged, had even more richer and elite children who thought they ruled the world. It's the same drama in every socialite friends group, girls pretend to be best friends and sleep with their boyfriends and boys just wanting to get into every girl's pants even after having a girlfriend who knows about the cheating guy.