2) Meri Behna?: I miss her

UNEDITED, there could be the 5 year/3 year thing, ignore it

2) Meri Behna? : I miss her

Janvi's POV

Ultimate Fam Playlist: Yeh Meri Family theme song

The Journey is my Home, a quote which I read today on the internet that made me think for five minutes straight. I have never liked the idea of being a traveler, never liked new places or new things. I am like the old soul who loves to be stuck in the old comfy place, my home. But to journey around, travelling the world, to go find your home, well that is something.

That being said, I have travelled to a few places in India. I've visited Mumbai, Delhi, Goa, and of course Chandigarh, but there's nothing more beautiful than being in Hrishikesh. No one ever wants to leave once you breathe in the solace. Hrishikesh has the most beautiful river, it has powerful worshipers, more than that it has beautiful people who will definitely treat you like you're one of them.

However, I love Hrishikesh because of the river Ganga and moreover because that river has the last memoirs of my mother and my badi maa, technically my massi.

My mother, Maanvi Chaudhary was a known face in Hrishikesh. Every person I run into keep reminding me of how big of a storm my mother was back in her days and how everyday she'd land up in trouble.

My heart swells in pride and melts in warmth whenever I hear people speak about my mother.

But, as much as I am my mother's daughter, I, Janvi Chaudhary, have often been mistaken for Jeevika Vadhera (then Chaudhary). It's like my second name here because every person who interacts with me often mistake me for being Jeevika's daughter. And those people do include my own family members. Every time anyone calls me Jeevika, all I feel is immense pride. Because I may be Maanvi Chaudhary's daughter, but being compared to my badi maa, is the highest privilege I've could ever get.

The Ganga holds the ashes of my mother and my badi maa and every other day I end up sitting near the river, keeping to myself. I don't talk to them because if I do, I'd start crying but I like to sit quietly, try listening to the gushing river. 

Mansi would do the talking of course. 

At times when we were together, we'd sit on the river bank and she'd keep on talking to both our mothers and everything. Then at the end she'd get a little emotional and hug me and then I'd cry too.

God do I miss her.

'Who made breakfast? Dabbu, did you make?' Chachi-Nani's loud question broke my trance as she approached the nicely laid breakfast table.

'Pinky, you still think your son can do stuff?' Chachu-Nanu followed her, annoyed by his wife's screaming which apparently woke everyone up.

I kept watching them from the kitchen, waiting for my Dabbu mama to enter because after Samar, he was the comical one in the family.

'Wow mom, I dreamt about paratha and you made them for me. How sweet!'

And immediately he got a spank from his mother, 'I am so old yet still get no help from you or your wife. Where is your highness?'

Dabbu mamu feigned being hurt and sat on the table, helping himself with a glass of lassi, 'She went to her in-laws place last night. Some wedding to attend or something.'

'Did she take my Samar too? Why did you let her take my Samar?'

'Daadiiii' Came a screaming voice from the last room, 'It is Sam and not Samar and I hate weddings.' His eyes widened at the lavish spread on the table, 'Pakorahs. Wow.'