Poster and Paragraph

Poster:

Paragraph: 

My feature film poster March Through the Alps represents the issues of bravery, violence and danger that I had written about in my social realist narrative.

My poster represents the issues of how the warriors in the time of Ancient Greece, around the age of 218BC – around 2200 years ago – had the dangerous task of safely crossing the mountains called the Alps all the while surviving the journey.

This is being shown through the use of the visual features colour, font and symbolism. For my film poster, I have used a bold font behind a cold background. The cold background of this poster is created by the use of the different tones of blue. The bold font that I have used, draws the eyes of the viewer and gains their attention. I have used a picture that starts to paint an idea of what my narrative and future movie is about. The picture is created by three separate items. The picture closest to the viewer is a Greek helmet, behind that are twin swords and the image that is behind both of them, is a broad, round shield.

For the visual feature of colour, I decided to use blue as the background colour. I also decided to use black, white and a small amount of yellow for the text. I have used a blue background to make the poster stand out but not so much as to make a viewer decide to not wonder what it is regarding. I used the black to draw the viewer's eyes to the title. I have used the white to tell a reader, that that particular writing isn't as important as the rest of my poster but is still important as it provides detail. I have used the warm colour of light yellow, to give it more depth as I know that looking at cold colours by themselves can be disinteresting, and to also show that this is based in a different time.

For the visual feature of font, I have decided to use bold as it draws the target audience's attention. This will help promote the future movie that is based on my social realist narrative.

For the visual feature of symbolism, I have many different symbols that are seen in my poster. Firstly, for the background, I have used mountains. These mountains are to visually show that this story is set a mountain range. Secondly, for the main picture, I have three different symbols overlapping the other. These three images are a helmet, two swords crossed over like that of an X and a shield. These are shown to symbolise a fight, but also protection. These swords tell the viewer that there is danger. Then there is the shield and helmet, which symbolises protection.

My film feature poster which I have created based on my social realist story March Through the Alps has the visual features of colour, font and symbolism to create the themes of bravery, violence and danger. 

My first task was to create a social realist narrative - an event based on real life - about  an issue in this time or the past.

My second task was to create a movie poster on my narrative, and I came up with this poster (up top which is also the cover).  

My third task was to create a paragraph justifying why my poster represents the issue I had chosen about in my narrative. 

Published: 14 May 2020