Let's Be Together

(A/N : Just how I like ForthBeam together. )

Stay Healthy, Stay Safe

Beam’s POV

I was wondering if I should tell this to Forth now or should I arrange a surprise at home! The second idea sounded good.

I went to hospital and completed my shift. I was glad that I could reach home before Forth.

On my way back I bought some groceries. I cooked dinner and waited for Forth.

When I heard the sound of a key inserted into the lock and then I saw Forth coming inside.

I welcomed him with a hug and asked him to take a shower and join me on the dining table.

When he sat on a chair, I asked him to pull his chair a bit back and sat on his lap. My right side was touching his chest and abs while my legs were on his right side. I rested my face on his left shoulder and inhealed his scent.

“Baby!! What is this all of a sudden?” he asked me.

I just took his right hand in my left hand and put it on my stomach. “Thanks for this gift.” I said and pressed his hand lightly on my stomach.

He looked at me in surprise. And I nodded.

“I… I'm… I'm pregnant, Forth.” There. I said it. I felt the heat rushed to my cheeks. I hid my face on his shoulder. I didn't know why I felt so shy.

He wrapped his hands around me and I hugged him, for a while.

Then he looked at me and said. “No Beam. You are not pregnant!!” I was shocked. Does he not want the baby? “You are not pregnant alone. I'm pregnant too. WE are pregnant Beam.” He smiled dearly at me. But...

Slap.

I slapped him in his arm hard. “You idiot. For a split second I thought you don't want the baby!!”

“Ow!! Sorry.” He said while rubbing his arm. “You deserve it, idiot!” I looked at him with a pout.

He placed his hand on my stomach. “Hey baby, I love you.” He talked to the baby. “But I love your Pa more!!” He said and kissed me on my lips.

“Seriously?” Forth is unbelievable.

“Yeah!! If I didn't have my rockstar's papa with me, my rockstar wouldn't be coming to this world. All thanks to his lovely papa.”

I laughed at how Forth tried to avoid using the pronoun - he or she. He's smart enough to use the word rockstar instead of using he or she.

“You're so smart na Dad? Using rockstar instead of him or her.” I mocked him.

“Hey!! That's not like what you think!!!” he protested.

“Then what is it?” I asked. “Wait,” he said and put the food on the plate. He then took a spoonful and fed me.

“I don't know whether it's him or her. So, if I use her and it's a boy then the boy will feel sad that his Dad is expecting a girl and vice versa.” He reasoned

I made an O with my mouth. “Smart Dad!!” I praised him and fed him a spoonful of rice as a reward.

We kept feeding each other till we were full. For the whole time, I was sitting on his lap and I only realised it after finishing the dinner.

“Forth, sorry. Your legs must be numb.” I got up. He just smiled. I cleaned the table and went to do the dishes.

He back hugged me as I was doing the dishes. “Are you okay to do it?” He asked.