Remorse

"Can I stay here more Dad?" Beam asked Pete when Kao decided to go to sleep after dinner. He had a meeting early next morning.

"Of course you can dear. Why are you asking?" Pete said.

"I am a bad son dad, ain't I?" Beam asked innocently. Pete just saw a 5 year old Beam instead of grown up Beam. He looked at his munchkin and replied,  "No. You're not. You were just unaware and innocent to believe someone stupid." Said Pete like he is still talking to a 5 year old Beam.

"Papa must have hurt badly na Dad?" Beam asked. Pete felt that Beam has grown up too fast. He looked at Beam again. "Yeah but he must be so happy right now, after knowing his only son loves him. He has  faced a lot because of his decision and... I'm not blaming you but... He might have suffered a lot more than we can imagine." Pete was concerned about his husband. He knew Kao would never let his sadness out and suffer alone. He never wanted others to feel unhappy because of him.

"...." Beam couldn't find words to express. He opened his mouth and closed it again.

"You used to cling to him like a baby kangaroo or koala when you were a kid. But suddenly one day his mother came and fed hatred in your mind... I better not talk about it.

You know, he has faced the weird looks of society when he was pregnant. Some people in his life whom he thought his friends started leaving him, some called him disgusting, but he was firm to be himself. He never felt anything bad about it. But he cried one day when you said you hate him because he didn't let you play in cold shower... You were sick and he just was concerned... Even if you didn't say it to hurt him, he cried a lot that day... A lot... But he didn't say anything to me..." 

Beam's eyes were teary and his throat felt a lump inside it. He remembered every small moment when he said bad words to his father.

"Beam, you're his happiness and there's still time to make him feel the love he deserved from his son."

"Dad... We both are lucky to have papa in our lives. Right?"

"Yeah." Pete nodded.

Kao who had just came outside the bathroom and overheard Beam's words which made him happy. His eyes were teary again.

"Seriously Beam. Now stop making me shed tears again" Kao said and hugged Beam as he half run to get closer to his husband and only son.

"Papa..." Beam asked in Kao's hug.

"Hmm...??" Kao hummed.

"Can you come home early tomorrow?" Beam asked.

"Huh??" Kao wasn't expecting something like this. He was shocked yo hear his son talking like a kid. Seriously, Beam was surely talking like a kid he missed a lot. Beam hated Kao when he was young and they never had a warm conversation like this.

"I'm gonna stay here with you and Dad." Beam told them.

"Wait" Kao said and took his phone and went outside the hall to make a call.

"Done." Kao said as he entered again.

"..."

"What?? I cancelled my meeting for my son."

"Papa... Are you serious?" Beam was surprisingly happy.

"Yeah." Kao nodded.

"Papa... If I ask you something then... Will you give it to me??"

"Depends..." Kao smiled.

"On what?" Beam was serious he didn't understand Kao was teasing him.

"On... What you ask for ?" Kao laughed.