14

I unlocked my apartment door and stumbled inside. My legs felt like Jell-O after my run this morning.

Yanking one ear bud out of my ear, I paused my music and noticed a few texts from Mason.

His birthday party was tomorrow but his actual birthday was today. He asked if I wanted to hang out with him today and I asked him if he was sure he didn't want to spend it with someone else. When he refused to take no for an answer, I agreed.

I scrolled through his texts while guzzling a bottle of water.

Showering now

Getting dressed

Okay now my parents want to talk to me, hold on

I'll text you when I'm on my way to your place

I rushed into my room and grabbed clothes to put on after the shower. Mason always showed up early so I needed to shower as quick as possible.

I hopped in, quickly washed my body, conditioned my hair and got out.

As I ran styling cream through my hair, Mason's name showed up on my screen and I answered it with a damp finger.

Hello?

Hey I'll be there in 5, you ready? I have something to show you

Yeah, just finishing up my hair

Okay, see you in a second

I scrunched my curls and dried my hands off on my towel before slipping sandals on and walking out to the living room.

I grabbed my purse and keys and quickly ran out of my apartment.

I stepped down the stairs as Mason's car and another car pulled up.

None other than Drew Lancaster stepped out of the driver's seat.

"Bella!" He yelled, and I smiled.

"Hey, nice car!" I said motioning to the sleek white Infiniti he had gotten out of.

"Hey." Mason said giving me a hug.

"Hi." I said back.

Mason grabbed both of my hands in his and looked deep into my eyes.

"Did you fix your car yet?" He asked.

I shook my head and began to tell him no before he cut me off.

"Good, throw it away."

I furrowed my brows. "Throw it away? I have an auto appointment next Wednesday."

"No, forget the appointment, just get a new car."

Now he was really just showing off to Drew.

"Mason, it's not that easy, plus I like my car. It has spirit."

He raised his eyebrows. "Oh so you don't want this one?" He asked, holding his arm out to the car Drew drove.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I can just take it back if you don't like it."

My mind was racing. "You didn't."

He nodded. "I did."

"Well? Someone better claim this car because it's not really my taste." Drew yelled from the curb.

"Mason." I said, my mouth drying up.

"Perks of having a fake boyfriend remember? You said you wanted them all. Yours just happens to have lots of money."

I jumped up and wrapped my arms around his neck.