12

Up until Mason dropped me off at home, he said the minimum amount of words to me. Which made me regret staying the night.

Paris texted me asking me to hang out when I got home so after I showered and got dressed, I walked to the mall near my apartment and met her there.

"You really need to fix your car." Paris said, after hugging me.

"Am I sweaty?"

"Just a tad. But you don't stink." She said, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. "I know, but the guy at the shop said he couldn't get me in until next Wednesday. Which sucks because not having a car in L.A. is like a death wish."

She laughed. "I'm sorry. But spill already, how are you and boy toy?"

"We're okay I guess." I answered.

She furrowed her plucked brows.

"Just okay? Shouldn't you guys be at the honeymoon stage right now?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. We hit a little bit of a rough patch and I don't know how to move past it."

She held up a dress to me before putting it back on the rack.

"What happened?"

"Well, I met his parents, which went really well, and we had a movie night with margaritas and tacos, and I even spent the night. But when things almost got intimate, he got weird."

In my head, I knew that Paris could give me better advice if I just told her the whole truth about us fake dating, and the fact that we talked about my lame sex life and now we aren't speaking. But I couldn't.

"Maybe he didn't wanna rush you?" She suggested.

"We had just slept in a bed together." I shook my head.

"Wait, it was in the morning? You totally had morning breath."

I opened my mouth to reject her idea, but instead, I just gave in.

"Yeah, you're probably right."

"Just chew some gum before anything happens next time."

While Paris and I waited in line at Starbucks, my phone buzzed. Mason finally texted me.

Hey are you busy right now?

I texted back: I'm with Paris at the mall but we're finishing up

Paris noticed me texting and peered over my screen.

"See he texted you! I knew the morning breath wouldn't hold him for too long."

The barista called her name and she walked up to the window to get it.

I'll meet you there, I'm close

I put my phone in my pocket and grabbed my drink from Paris' hand.

"Need a ride? Or is your man coming to get you?" She asked nudging me in the side.

"Mason's on his way."

"I miss you girl. Lately I feel like you're always at work, or if you're not at work, you're with him."

I sighed. "I know, I'm sorry. But hey, Mason's birthday is coming up and he's renting out a club for his party if you wanna come."

"I'm always down for a party." Paris said, hugging me when she saw Mason's car pull up front.

"I'll text you details." I said, waving as she walked to her car.

I opened the passenger door and sat down.