Learning Lessons (Part 2)

Moonlight was the first to wake up. He felt really happy because of his dream. Moonlight dreamed of seeing Chronos happy with him and his family. He also dreamed of being on the basketball team. Moonlight remembered he was facing off with another team with and his family cheering him on.

Moonlight took a deep breath to relish in the feelings his dream brought him. As he did, he smelt the wonderful aroma of cooked food. From what he could smell, there was coffee, bacon, sausage, and noodles with the hint of eggs, but he wasn't so sure.

Looking at his alarm clock, his eye sockets widened. It was seven in the morning. Moonlight would have thought he, as well as the rest of his small family would've slept in until noon. That's what they usually did on a Saturday. Sleep in, eat lunch, and clean the house. By the time they were done, they would decide on movie or game night if they weren't tired.

He wondered who could be up making breakfast, knowing very well that his father and brother weren't really morning people. It was usually him who was a morning person. So he would usually cook for everyone.

Curious, Moonlight got up and changed out of his pajamas. He was going to figure out who cooked. He pulled off his star and moon pajamas and put on a green shirt with blue long sleeves and gray sweatpants. Once he was done, he slowly made his way out of his room as to not wake anyone who was still sleeping.

Once he turned though, he was shocked. Moonlight looked back to see the rest of the hall in awe. The entire hall, with the floors, walls, and decor were clean. So clean that he could almost see his reflection off the smooth surfaces. It was as if everything was as good as new.

Moonlight continued through the house, noticing how clean, neat, and organized it is. Looking at the living room, he noticed Chronos wasn't sleeping. With this knowledge, Moonlight moved to the dining room only to see Chronos pouring a glass of coffee at his dad's spot.

"Chronos?" Moonlight called, catching the kid's attention. "Did ... did you clean last night?"

"I couldn't sleep last night," Chronos admitted. "So I decided to give my thanks for sheltering me by cleaning. I've also made eggs, bacon, sausage, noodles, toast, and coffee. Although, I wasn't sure if you or your brother drank coffee, so I also have milk, chocolate milk, orange juice, and apple juice on standby if you want it."

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Moonlight asked with concern. "Seeing that the whole house is almost clean, you must've been up all night."

"I was up all night," Chronos said. "I didn't think I could sleep, so I decided to clean. When I was done, I saw it was morning so I made breakfast."

Before Moonlight could continue their conversation, Nightmare and Incubux entered the dining room. Nightmare trudged to the table and sat while sipping his coffee. Incubux stood in the doorway as he stretched with a yawn before joining his dad.

"Thanks for the breakfast Moonlight," Incubux said as he started serving himself. "You're the best."

"Thanks for the coffee and toast," Nightmare said as he quickly woke up from the caffeine. "I'm surprised you know how I like my coffee black and my toast with jelly and butter with a little bit of sugar."

"I didn't make breakfast," Moonlight said, which made his father and brother alert. "I woke up to find most of the house cleaned spotless while breakfast was ready. Come to find out that someone didn't get any sleep last night."

Chronos chuckles nervously under their gaze. He moved to the fridge despite the stares with two cups in his hand.

"Moonlight, Incubux, do you want milk, chocolate milk, orange juice, or apple juice?" Chronos asked.