Chapter Thirty-Four

*Trigger warning. Very violent.*

We have no proper plan. All we have is knowledge and maybe the element of surprise. The atmosphere in the car is solemn as we drive towards our possible deaths.

After feeling the deaths of ten more pack members, I recounted what I saw to Alexei as we walked through the trailer. Liam was the first wolf I saw before I barrelled my way outside. Two trucks still sat and my warriors lounged around. While I was out, they tried to find more lone wolves who would be willing to join our ranks. They were unlucky, and now it was too late. Perhaps if they had more time, we could be larger.

Now, we're going thirty over the speed limit to reach the pack. Once the events of my 'dream' were recounted, we all figured this may be the last time we see each other. Unfortunately, Rory is still unconscious. Whatever spell is still in his body is strong. Alexei sits on the outside, her gaze facing out of the window. Occasionally, she clenches her fists and shakes her head. I'd give anything to really know what she's thinking.

Elijah sits in the driver's seat, Liam to his right. They speak in whispered tones, but it's never quiet enough for any of us to hear in the quiet truck. Each word that leaves their lips is a possible strategy. They haven't come up with anything solid, but I can't blame them. Not when this is all so last minute.

"You guys are stupid," Ingrid hisses from the back. She's been with us this whole time, still tied up. Apparently, they gave her breaks while I was out. "You know these trucks have trackers, right? Do you think our coven is dumb? Alexei should have already known that."

Alexei nods, her face blank, not revealing anything. "Yes, I knew. But do you know why I don't care?"

Ingrid sneers. "Why is that?"

"Because—" Alexei turns in her seat to face the vampire who was once her protege. "If Ameri wanted to come for us, she would have. Your queen has an agenda, and unfortunately, you and Cal were sacrificed to fulfil that plan."

"Untrue—"

"Really? And you think you know my sister better than I?"

"Wait just a damn minute?" Liam speaks up, interrupting the two vampires. He turns to face us, contempt in his eyes. "How was that bit of information lost in everything you guys have told me? This vampire queen is your sister?"

"Correct." Alexei nods, not bothering to deny or make excuses for herself. "The queen of my previous coven is my sister."

"Right, damn secrets," Liam mutters, turning back to face the front. "Always adding shit along the way."

The rest of the ride is quiet. Liam and Elijah no longer share strategies with each other. Ingrid is even silent, but sadness and despair radiate off of her. It's logical that she thinks she won't live to see another day. What she doesn't know is that I'd never kill her because of her loyalty to her coven.

The drive takes another thirty minutes. The SUV gets put into park outside of the entrance. Before us is a long dirt road that leads people to the packhouse. It's the official entrance into the Amster pack.

Elijah and Liam turn to us, sighing in resignation. We have to plan and I can see that it's physically hurting them to not be able to have something to hold onto.

"Goddess, I don't think it's logical for you to fight this battle," Elijah finally speaks, pinning me with his worried brown eyes.

"I won't sit this out. Not when you guys and my pack need me," I disagree, my tone firm and sure. "I know you guys think I'm weak, but I can hold my own."

"I would never let anything happen to her," Alexei says, shaking her head. "You guys have not seen Sophia-Grace in her prime. I have, and I know that she'll be fine."