Chapter Thirty-Three

*Trigger warning. Violent and somewhat gory.*

Liam's trailer home is too small for us all to fit, so we stay outside. We all stand around a pit he dragged from the back of his home. The sun is gone now and the only light we have comes from the moon and the fire that Liam lit in the pit. Crickets chirp in the night, keeping the woods lively as light bugs fly around. Looking up at the sky, where the stars shine so visibly and bright, it makes me homesick. I miss being able to lay in the grass and stare up at the starry sky where they twinkled and winked at me.

"Goddess," Liam breathes after Elijah finishes telling him just what's been happening. "That's damn impossible. She can't be the moon goddess reincarnated. The girl has no damn wolf."

"Neither do you," Alexei mumbles from my side. She woke up shortly after I revealed my mark to Liam. Rory is still laid in the car and he's going to be our next topic of conversation.

"Hey," Liam warns, raising a threatening eyebrow to which Alexei grins. Surprisingly, the two get on well. "All I'm saying is that I think this is something else. Not no moon goddess."

I can just barely make out Elijah rolling his eyes. "Just because you don't believe in her doesn't mean she's not real."

Elijah's words strike me as all. In the history of anything, I've never heard of any wolves not believing the moon goddess was real. A pulling in my body is leading me to believe that his religious status has to do with his lack of a wolf. Standing next to him, I can feel something more. He's not strictly human. Something is still lingering in his soul and I'm inclined to believe that it may be his beastly counterpart.

"That's not it." Liam shakes his head, lifting a bottle of beer to his lips. "She's... I just think she's more than a damn moon goddess. It doesn't make sense that a wolfless she-wolf would be reincarnated as the moon goddess."

"Maybe her wolf is dormant?" Oggy suggests from his place across from me. "Sometimes, it happens."

"Maybe," Liam mumbles, rubbing his thick bearded chin. The guy is burly, just like Elijah. His hair is an unkempt mess, yet it seems to suit the jeans and t-shirt he wears. Tattoos line his arm, creating a sleeve of black ink. It pulls together the harsh persona he carries with himself until he opens his mouth. Then he's a kind guy, proving that looks don't make characters.

"Let's get back to the task at hand," Alexei says, her tone growing serious. Her arm around me tenses slightly and I rub her back to keep her calm. "We need a plan because it won't be long before they realize we're here. Since Cal has become part of this, Ameri and every other vampire in our cover knows. They'll know that he's AWOL."

I nod my head and take after her. "The same with you guys. I may have never had the bond properly, but I know packs feel losses. They'll be coming after us soon and we don't have the numbers."

I think about the merging of vampires and werewolves. Ameri's coven and my pack. There will be hundreds of them against fourteen of us. It'll be no trouble for them to overpower us and take us all out. What we need to do is rely on stealth. Being able to sneak past them without any notice is our best bet.

"I can see them," I gasp, raising a hand as if I'm in school. "I just need to sleep and I can see them. This time I'll be able to get more of their plans and I can see if Timothy has changed up the border patrols."

"What the hell are you talking about, girl?" Liam raises an eyebrow. "Uh, it seems a bit obvious for you to be there, no? And what's this about sleeping?"

They don't know about how I can dream myself places. Not hesitating, I burst into the explanation of what happens. Excitement leaks from my words with every bit that I reveal. My voice grows higher and higher as I lose my breath, putting me in the persona of a child. Before when I did this, we didn't have support. Now... Now I have a pack to call my own.