Chapter Ten

The first thing I notice when I come to is the uncomfortable chair I'm sitting in. My butt is numb and I can barely shift without an agonized grunt leaving me. Then I notice my restrained hands and legs. My eyes widen as I recognize the silver chain around my wrists and ankles. I shake my body violently, growing frustrated at the situation. Before I know it, tears are running down my face, but it only makes me more annoyed. There's been so many tears and I can't take it anymore.

Forcing myself to calm down, I want for my tears to stop. My eyes are blurry from the liquid, but I still take the time to survey the room. It's a replica of an interrogation room. The walls are dull and painted gray, giving a depressing feel to it. A silver, steel table is pushed up against the wall, opposite of the white door. A lone chair is pushed under the table. Across from my chair is a two-way mirror. I assume it's one because what's the point of having a regular mirror inside.

The tulle fabric of my dress scratches uncomfortably against my legs. The stranger's blood is still smeared against my bare arms, now dry and brown. With this situation, I'd much rather be back at my pack. And if Timothy was out of the equation, I'd even be somewhat happy to be back there.

Having those thoughts in mind, I begin to panic. The unknown is something a lot of people fear. I hadn't, at least not until now. I begin screaming, letting out all of my frustration and terror. It's the only thing I can do other than look.

"Please, let me out of here!" I shout and it causes me to become croaky after. My throat is still bruised from being choked by the man, so the constricting of it doesn't help at all. "Please."

My pleads are answered when the white door swings open. The same lady from before steps forward. She wears the same blank face she had before, but the amusement in her eyes doesn't go unnoticed. She steps ahead, crossing her hands behind her back. Once all the way in the room, her stance becomes stiff. The woman presses her feet and legs together, standing straight. Her hands drop to her sides and she faces forward, tilting her head back slightly.

Another person enters the room slowly. Their steps are quiet and I assume they've got stealth. A hooded cloak covers them so I'm unable to see their face. I watch them as they walk over to the table. They reach forward and pull out the chair, slowly placing it in front of me. Then they sit.

"Do you know why you're here?" they speak, asking this question as if I'm a child. That's definitely how I feel with their tone of voice.

My mouth drops open. "Because we hurt that person?" My voice comes out much more weak and feeble than I would have liked.

The person lifts a hand and pulls the hood off. It reveals a woman, one whose beauty is beyond words. Her black hair is slicked back into a low ponytail and she pulls it to one side of her. The tendrils fall down her chest, almost reaching her waist. Her green eyes glow brightly, possibly the brightest thing in this dull room. Our eyes meet and her lips lift up into a smirk.

"Hurt?" I hadn't noticed before, but her voice is melodic and naturally soft. "You mean the person you killed?"

My breath stops and I widen my eyes at her statement. Slowly, I begin shaking my head. He had to still be alive. There was no way Rory had actually killed a person.

"Killed?" I whisper, looking down at the tattered and ripped skirt of my dress. The thing is ruined and there's no fixing it.

"Yes," she answers bluntly. "She's dead and I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it was the wolf boy who did it."

My head shoots up at that. The shakes of my head become more violent. "No! I... I did it. I killed him."

The words are like buckets of acid coming out of my mouth. The lies burn, but I can't allow Rory to go down for this. Not when he was protecting me from that terrible, terrible person.