Chapter 33: I Can't Get Enough

Mulai dari awal

      I remained silent because of the idea that she could read my mind through the phone. Maybe she knows that I'm actually still head over heels for Christopher. Or that I am madly in love with him. Of course she knows I'm not over him but she has no idea that I'm going crazy with him by having an interaction. By being with someone who is beyond beautiful and lovely. And he is the guy I have been wanting when I first saw him. But it doesn't matter because he was single when I first met him and at the wedding he was single.

    And I just looked at the kitchen table only thinking that this is the only exciting thing happening. Not last night when I snuck out with Christopher at the lake. Our moment had popped right back into my head.

    "Is it Christopher?" Peach asked me, definitely reading my thoughts when we're two hours away.

  "P, he told me that he's in love with me." I confessed to her even though I wish I didn't tell her because now I'm gonna get judgment shoved at my face now.

   "Emma, no." She gasped. "After he dumped you. He dumped you, Emma. Remember how he hurt you? I picked up your tears. He'll hurt you again."

    "I know. But he and April aren't together now. April found out about us. And that's why they broke up. And now I can have my chance with him. And I don't care if you don't wanna be my friend if I'm with him. But you don't understand how much I love him. He is changing. I love him, Peach. And as my best friend, I thought you'd understand." I explained, my heart racing every word that I spoke out.

   "Babe, I'm never gonna stop being your best friend. Your mine too. But I care about your feelings getting hurt by him. Please put this into thought. He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt." She said.

    I could cry and I know Peach would be there to pick up the pieces. And the pieces are always being broken by someone. Wether it's my parents divorce, failing a test, getting hurt by Amber, or not having the guy or something always going south for me. So, Peach would be there from the start.

"Peach, I love him. And it's hard to explain." I said.

"He could just be using for sex, Em. What if he gets bored of you? And not just that...you can't just sneak around and your dad won't find out. Because he will. And your dad will destroy Christopher. Better yet he'll kill him. Remember at Thanksgiving when you told him about you and Patrick? He was harsh. You dating in general will piss him off. He will kill Christopher." She said, and I know she's right.

I sighed. "It's not like Christopher is twenty. I'll be seventeen in four months. And once I'm eighteen I'll be able to be with him. And when he is at college how will my dad know?"

I know Peach is being honest and she has a point. And I know everything she is saying is the truth. But I do know that Christopher is all I want and all I need. He's the only reason I wake and breathe. Peach can't possibly know.

"Emma, it's a risk. Think about it." She said.

"I have thought about it. And there's nothing anyone will say to make me change my mind. I love him. Just understand." I said softly so that my voice didn't sound angry. "Please."

"Yeah, okay. But I'm only trying to help."

I turned and then I saw my mother coming from downstairs. And then the timer on the stove went off. And mom went over to the coffee maker.

"Okay. Peach, I gotta go. But I'll call you later." I said.

"Okay. Bye." She said and the line ended.

I hit the end button and then I placed my phone down on the counter. And then I had joined my mom who was making a pot of coffee and I grabbed a pot holder taking out the nice muffins. And they smelled very delicious since they are blueberry. And just while I placed the muffins on the counter I thought about my conversation with Peach. Did she mean it? Was she saying it to hurt me? Am I wrong? What should I do? There was a lot going through my head.