Chapter 34: Don't Underestimate Me

      That night, I woke up. I was unable to sleep. Close my eyes. I kept tossing and turning every second. It was still storming outside. Due to the storm that happened. We're not going back home until tomorrow. So I'm definitely going to be making up my exams for tomorrow that I'm supposed to take.

I heard the rain outside the windows just pouring down. And I gasped, sitting up in my bed unable to sleep. So I suggested on going downstairs to get some water. I needed to do anything to make myself sleep. So, I got out of my bed that wasn't my own. And so I left out of my room, closing the door. And then I tip toed down the creaky stairs. I entered the kitchen and I got a glass, running the faucet sink and filling up the glass. After I turned it off when half full. And I heard the silence until a crackle, thinking the fireplace was left on by mistake. I poured my glass out and I left the glass in the sink.

I went into the sitting room, seeing the fireplace on and Christopher sitting on the floor looking at a paper. And it seemed important. I was only dressed in my white t-shirt. And when I joined him, I wondered what was there for me to see of him. Christopher was silent. And he was staring at the fireplace. And so I didn't waste my time to sit down next to him. And of course, the sitting room is so big it was like we entered a mansion. And it was all too much to handle in the silence of nothing but the cracklings of the fireplace.

    "Hey," I said, sitting down next to him. And I could tell that he had so much on his mind or just something on his mind. And the way he was silent, it was just not him. And there was something I needed to figure out. "What's wrong?"

    He sat back a little bit, and I just stared at him, seeing the paper in his hands. It looked important.

   "I have something to tell you." He said, with his voice low in spite of the loud heavy rain outside.

    I breathed, fighting the anxiety of it was either good or bad. And I just wish people wouldn't start sentences off like that. Because it makes me worry. It gives me anxiety. Even if I'm in my best. Dad always says things like that to me and it's no wonder I panic a lot.

   "Okay." I nodded.

   "You know I applied for Hastings? And I am just waiting to get an acceptance letter?" He reminded me, which I was very clear on remembering.

"Of course." I answered. He sighed, looking down at the letter in front of him. "Christopher, what is it?"

He smiled looking at me. "I got in."

His voice was extremely soft when he spoke. I felt extreme excitement. And I felt nervous because I wasn't sure if this is what he truly wanted. To go to Hastings. But Christopher has all the grades and he didn't get into a fight while being at Crawford High. So he has the scoring grades to get in. Or else he wouldn't have been accepted into such a good law school. And I was beyond happy and grateful to hear him spread the news to me. And suddenly it was all there. But I was there, just thinking of the future to that. The future of Christopher and I. He would go to college by the fall. And he would go off and we'd text and talk for weeks and see each other every weekend if he wasn't busy. And it would turn into a dream. And it would happen and go on until I graduate high school and become an adult. And it would finally break out that Christopher and I are together. Our parents would accept because we would be adults. And our lives would go on that happy adventure. The adventure of our lives. The life of commitment. A world of the water where we'd travel and kill for our love.

"Emma," he said, snapping me out of my thoughts and back to reality.

"I'm sorry." I said, thinking of the daydream I was in but trying my best to remember where I was in the reality.