"I need to make a call to Ramsus Dendup," Lux lied, gripping onto her orange hand tightly. Anakin's face was a clear I call bull, but he didn't voice his suspicions.

"And Snips needs to go with you?"

"Of course. He wants to see how she's doing." Both boys glared into each other's eyes intensely—both daring the other to try it.

"Be safe," was all Anakin said. Be safe from what? Both Ahsoka and Lux nodded in respect and left the room.

"Anakin definitely suspects something," Lux proclaimed as he flopped down on his bed, pulling Ahsoka down with him.

"Well, you're not a very good liar," she said with a smile, fingering his curled brown mop on his head.

Lux grinned. "Good thing I'll never lie to you." He stroked her lekku with a certain gentleness he didn't normally portray. "I just want to let you know: whatever happens in our lives I will always and forever love you, Ahsoka Tano. The suns and the stars; the moons and the mountains will never stand in the way of my loving you. I will love you until my heart ruptures into billions and billions of pieces. I will love you even when there are six feet of dirt between you and me."

Little Luka Ruwee had lungs like his father: big and healthy. His shrill cries ricocheted through the thin walls of Varykino. It was decided by Padmé that he would grow to want attention and lots of it.

Leilani was quiet and observant; her wide eyes danced around the room in speculation of what was going on. She hardly needed to be soothed but took great pleasure in being held by her daddy.

Luke was definitely a mommy's boy; Leia daddy's girl. When the twins weren't in the care of their aunty and uncle—which they actually seemed to enjoy—their newborn smiles hooked onto the faces of Anakin and Padmé. Their coos were louder than Anakin once thought, but Padmé had teased he was far more deafening than the infants were.

"I'm laughing so hard right now there's tears spouting from my eyes like a faucet," he retorted sarcastically. "I'm only intense when potential danger arises, Angel. You don't haveta tease me about it."

Padme flashed her perfectly straight, white teeth at her husband. "You know you love me," she chided.

"Of course," he leaned over and pecked his wife's lips. "I did a bad thing."

"Oh?" Padme fixed Leia's sock and held her to her chest.

"I told Snips to get her own baby when she wouldn't give up the twins. And now I'm concerned that's what they're doing right now."

"I see why that is a problem." She put Leia down on the bed and went to change Luke's nappy. "I mean, we could try to stop them, but Ahsoka is like you--she gets these ideas into her head and won't stop until she reaches her end goal."

"I didn't think her determination would be such a problem in the long run." Anakin put Leia into one of the white onesies and buttoned it up at the crotch. "There ya go," he cooed. "Now my little princess has some clothes on!"

"Maybe it was a mistake to bring them here," Padme sighed, tying the diaper off and tossing it in the bin.

"I wouldn't say it was a mistake, I would call it 'Two Teenagers Who Are Romantically Involved But I think Of As Children Come And Witness Adorable Babies Being Born And Suddenly Want Some Themselves.' It's a pretty great title. I think I'm gonna write an article on the holo about it one day."

"That's a ludicrous idea." Padme rolled her eyes so far that any farther they would launch and stay stuck in the back of her head. "I can go talk to them if you'd like," she offered.