Cinq

The field was plain, yet beautiful in its own way. It was mainly low cut grass, spanning for a couple hundred acres (around 300 in actuality), but small roses grew around the perimeter. There was a wand repair station at the front left of the field and a bathroom at the front right.

Bella takes off her cloak and expands her Veela wings (both Lucius' and Narcissa's families have Veela blood) to fly out to the centre of the training field. Draco follows suit and meets her in the middle of the field, while I just stand there, having never used my wings before. I stand there, at the front, and look at my mate and his aunt. Bella crosses her arms and Draco folds in his wings to sit down, both obviously waiting for me.

"We won't begin until you bring out your wings and fly out here to meet us. We are training with our inheritances today," Bella sits next to Draco and pulls out her wand, summoning a book to read.

Draco does the same before laying down his hand in Bella's crossed legs. I try to bring out my wings multiple times but all were futile. After 10 minutes of me trying and failing, a very cold breeze washes over the field and lingers mainly in the center. Draco shivers and wraps his Veela wings around himself to try and warm up. He continues to shiver violently after this and it makes me want to hold him in my arms to warm him.

Bella must've sensed this, because she used her wand to put up a barrier around them around 30 feet high. If I try to walk through it, I would get an electric shock on impact. I tried running through the barrier anyway, the urge to get to my  mate and warm him too great. I get the electrical shock, as I suspected, making me recoil and Draco wince at the pain he felt through the bond, but steady myself to try again. Bella's voice stops me from doing so.

"It's not going to work, Hadrien, dear. You have to fly to come and warm Draco. Nothing will penetrate the barrier. You have to fly over it," Bella smirks at my now irritated face.

I calm myself to try again, thinking of warming Draco with my wings. I think of only one thing: unfolding my large dragon wings behind me. Almost immediately, my wings come out, black and leathery, along with my mismatched horns and forest green tail.

I immediately fly over the barrier around them and to my shivering mate. When I touch Draco, his skin is ice cold, so I wrap my wings around his and my tail around his leg. Bella cast a spell that made the wind and chill go away, and Draco folds his wings into his back and looks me in the eyes. His beautiful liquid mercury getting lost in blue and red and vice versa.

"Can we please start training now? Sev may be a bit mad if we come back and haven't gotten anything done!" Bella cries out in exasperation when neither Draco nor I make a move to move.

"Are you okay? Warm enough?" I ask Draco, completely ignoring Bella whining about time.

"Hadrien, I'm fine. Now can you release me so my aunt can stop her yelling?" Draco almost whines.

"Okay, we do need to train, anyway," he nods to me and I fold my wings into my back.

"Finally!" Bella says, exasperated. "Now can we get on with training? We only have around 4 hours left, after that fiasco," she shook her head disapprovingly.

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that, Bella," I say, retracting my large, leathery dragon wings.

Bellatrix nods to me before starting her speech on today's training lesson.

Time Skip Until They Are Home

Draco and I walk back up to my room, still sore from training and hungry for dinner in 2 hours. Navigating through the long and complex hallways of Riddle Manor takes a while, so by the time we reach my room, Draco has a slight limp and I keep rolling my right shoulder in search of relief.