Chapter Thirty One

I laid there awake, staring up to the ceiling. The room was silent aside from Archer's soft snores that I found somewhat soothing. His arms were wrapped around me, one underneath my head and the other holding my waist. I unconsciously drew patterns on his open palm that was resting on my waist.

For some reason I couldn't seem to put everything to the back of my mind. Awful memories and thoughts flickering into my mind; one in particular repeatedly coming back.

The thoughts of that place made me shudder. My throat closing up and making me want to curl into a ball and disappear. My mind got caught unable to escape one memory.

I was sat as usual beside him as he charmed his guests around his grand dinning room table. I sat watching, barley moving as they ate like greedy pigs, whilst my stomach had been left empty for a week. It was unbearable torture to keep my composure as I starved.

The silver collar served as a constant painful reminder that I had to be perfectly behaved.

Because I was his toy. His prize. His princess.

I could feel eyes of the disgusting men around me lapping me up. Their sinful souls making my demon hungrier then the food at the table. I darn't look anywhere other than straight ahead, knowing that their lives would not be spared if I paid them any attention.

I felt his hand on my thigh, squeezing tightly. He was reminding me to restrain myself. Even if wanted to, I was helpless with the silver choking me, muting my voice.

Their talking went straight over my head. I learnt that I understood very little of what they conversed about.

"Did you hear that princess? You have a surprise." My gaze was brought up to meet his, as his cold finger slipped under my chin and pushing it up. I managed to give him a tight lipped smile.

In an instant the food was cleared and every one was standing up. Bile rose in my throat as we moved towards the room that I feared the most. I saw that every one began taking their places on the other side of the double sided mirror that overlooked the cage that I would soon be in.

I silently followed him, as he led me through the door that went into the cage. I had done this now more times than I would ever want to count. I knew there was no point in fighting it. There was no way out once inside. There was no way to avoid being put inside. It was best just to try to get things over with.

For most of it could zone out and let my demon take control.

He unclipped the collar, pieces of scabby flesh tearing off with it. I contained the need to flinch, knowing the more of a reaction I give him the more satisfied he would be.

"Are you ready to see your true self?" I had to fight the shudder that wanted to wrack my body, as his arms slithered around my waist.

At the time I paid no attention to what he was referring to. I just thought he was trying to taunt me. But I didn't have to wait long to realise what he meant.

Stepping away, he walked back into the secured room, the door sliding and sealing shut. I waited patiently for some poor soul to be pushed through the door the would open on the other side.

I was ready to see some shrivelling man, crying for his life, pushed and shoved through the door. Some enemy that he had made, or someone who he was making an example out of, would be the victim of tonights entertainment.

But what I wasn't expecting, was to see some frail looking girl, with torn clothing, being shoved into the room. She fell to her knees, trembling.