Twelve: I Guess We Have Him To Thank For Our Continued Survival

"Who are you?" Alyxia demanded to the lanky figure that stood in her bedroom. "What on earth are you doing here?" She tried to search for the answers in his chocolate brown eyes, the only part of him she could see, but she got nothing but silence. "How did you get in here?"

It was at this moment that the ski-masked young man started to walk towards her. He couldn't have been much older than her; probably a year or two in seniority. "Number one, not your business. Number two, also not your business."

Alyxia felt a sharp pain shoot up her shin as she bumped against her bedside table. Her favourite touch-activated bio-luminescent lamp fell to the floor with a crash that was muffled by the carpeted floor. The soft light was now askew and pointed towards the ceiling, which meant that her surroundings were plunged in darkness.

"And number three," The intruder continued, "I don't think you're gonna be conscious enough to get the answer to that question." As the already sparse light source sputtered and then disappeared from existence altogether, she felt him rush towards her.

Arms closed around her like a vice, forcing the air out of her lungs. She tried to scream at the top of her voice, but the intruder immediately covered her mouth with his hand. "Shh," He whispered in her ear as she struggled in his arms. "I'm sorry I have to do this, but it'll all be over before you know it."

The fight in her stopped for a second. What on Earth does he mean, she thought to herself. Then she felt the freezing touch of a steel knife pressed against her neck .

The loud sound of a door slamming onto the floor shook the room and weak yellow light flooded the room. A stinging pain grazed her throat, and she knew blood had been drawn. The only thing she could see was a lone shadow, standing with a gun drawn.

A shot. A scream. And then all was done.

The walk back to the Alpha's office was an absolute blur to Alyxia. She didn't know whether it was the exhaustion, or the nerves, that clouded her brain. She could feel the familiar stony aura of Reiley beside her, making the walk through the labyrinthine passages of Ignis' super secret headquarters where she had been stuck for who knew how long. She squeezed her eyelids shut, attempting to focus on the present moment rather than that haunting dream she had witnessed just a while back.

Burt abruptly halted in his tracks, causing Alyxia to nearly slam face first into their jacked escort's back. "Knock and get in," Burt grunted to the duo. "I told you she doesn't like waiting."

Alyxia nodded, and then realised Burt could not see her. She stepped towards the door and out of Burt's shadow as he pressed his hand to the biometric scanner. I'm gonna die, aren't I? They won't find any reason to keep us around. And Aunt Ember is going to rule over the Peninsula. She looked over at Reiley for what might have been the last time, and fervently wished that they had more time together .

Reiley nodded at Alyxia , somehow sending her a message of everything's gonna turn out fine. Alyxia hoped that Reiley was right, because two minutes from that moment they probably would not even be breathing. Raising her fist, she knocked thrice on the door.

Tap. Please help me, Ignis.

Tap. If our intentions are anything alike, we both need to take Aunt Ember down.

Tap. Even if you discard me, just don't hurt Farron, or Reiley, or Sylvie, or even Nash.

A soft hiss let her know that the door was open. Slowly, she stepped into the realm of the Alpha and its blinding whiteness, and looked up from the floor to see the Alpha standing up with her arms crossed, and Farron with his head bowed. At least he has his head, she thought grimly to herself.