Eleven: They're Going To Kill Me If I So Much As Breathe The Wrong Way

The creak of Alyxia Peyton's bedroom window suddenly aroused her from an otherwise sound sleep. Sitting up in her bed, she wondered as to how she had forgotten to close it when she had retired to her bed.

Her sleep disturbed, Alyxia sighed loudly in frustration at her stupidity. She knew that she was probably the lightest sleeper known to mankind, hence the reason why she made it a point not to let anything that made any sort of noise wreak its havoc on her slumber.

"Brilliant," Alyxia muttered to herself as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Now it's going to take me forever to get back to that dream."  It was the same dream as always; being dragged through a variety of different places which she would not normally find herself in. However, she was determined to find out what exactly this recurring dream could be trying to tell her.

The whistle of the wind made for an odd sort of background music as she felt around for her touch-activated bio-luminescent bed lamp. Just a few hours earlier, she had switched the very same light off after Reiley had yelled at her to get some sleep across the wall. And she distinctly remembered closing the window before doing so.

Then how was the window lying open when I woke up?

As she found the light and the room was illuminated, she found the answer.

"Your Ladyship?" Reiley called as she waved her hand in front of Alyxia's face, pulling her out of the flashback. "We're here."

Alyxia blinked rapidly as she tried to remember where she was. At the secret base of Ignis. Under the alias of Vea Regnum. And about to see the Alpha who essentially held her life in their hands.

She stood in front of a large door which seemed to be coated with titanium or some other strong metal, making it stand out from the utter greyness of the rest of the place. She watched as Burt placed his hand on a biometric scanner that was mounted on a wall beside the door, and the door slid open with a soft hissing noise.

Burt stood aside, and gestured towards the now open doorway. "This way, Lady Regnum." Alyxia took this as her cue to step through the doorway, into the room which seemed to be made of darkness. Even though the pitch black enveloped her like a viscous trap, she still moved forward. She was vaguely aware of Reiley's presence right behind her, and felt a rush of relief.

Out of nowhere, a spotlight burst to life, nearly blinding Alyxia with its harshness. The light shone directly on a red velvet chaise, made of the same material as that sofa in the other room. It seemed to beckon her, or rather, order her to make her way there.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Burt muttered gruffly. "It's not just anyone who gets the honour of an audience with the Alpha."

Alyxia nodded, forgetting that practically nobody could see her. Her feet unconsciously dragging, she strutted towards the chaise and sat down, practicing her royalty-issued poker face. "I'm here."

A voice as smooth as silk surrounded her from all corners. "So I've been told that you are Lady Vea Regnum of the royal family. Is this true?"

Some unknown force tugged at her, trying to pull the truth out of her. "Yes, I am of the royal family." Alyxia choked out a half-truth. 

The voice of silk assaulted her ears once again. "Do you know what this organisation stands for?" Alyxia noted how the Alpha did not address her by any titles.

"Yes," Alyxia confessed, desperately scrambling to control herself. "A secret organisation dedicated to opposing the Monarchy."

"And consequently, you realise that we at Ignus would love nothing more than to spill your royal blood?" The voice echoed, filling her very being. Nudging her to confess her sins.