[25]

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

erena leaned against the vending machine, staring at her phone. it was tuesday, and it was the second day since kageyama along with yachi and the other members of the karasuno men's volleyball team had departed to their training camp in tokyo.

blowing some stray strands out of her face, erena unlocked her phone, refreshing to see if any new messages had popped up from either yachi or kageyama. there were none.

erena groaned in frustration. she was beyond bored. not only was kageyama gone but her best friend was too. of course, she had other friends too who she hung out with the day before, but they were currently doing a make-up exam. 

eyebrows knitting together, erena went to her messages with kageyama. as he had promised, there were messages each hour between the two just checking up on each other. no proper conversations since kageyama was busy playing practice games. 

sighing, erena called yachi. the blonde picked up within a minute answer with a, "hello? erena-chan?"

"i'm bored!" whined erena. "come back to karasuno! i miss you and kageyama!"

"it's only the second day," yachi chuckled.

"i know, i know," erena sighed again. "how are you? who're you playing against now?"

"they just lost against fukurodani."

erena's eyes widened. she recognised the name 'fukurodani' from tooru's rants about not going to nationals and volleyball magazines. they had the number four ace in the country, bokuto.

but that's not why she was surprised. her phone dinged as kageyama called her. "i'm sorry, hitoka-chan. tobio just started calling me."

"no need to apologize, erena-chan!" giggled yachi. "go get that boy!"

the call ended, and erena immediately answer kageyama's call. confused, she said, "yamayama-kun? is something wrong? aren't we supposed to call tonight?"

"i know," kageyama sighed tiredly, and erena's cheeks lit up at what he said next.

"i just wanted to hear your voice."

┗━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┛

word count: 324