[35]

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

"erena-san!"

surprised, erena turned away from the vending machine, her caramel braids swinging, to see a huffing kageyama run towards her, carrying a plastic bag. he quickly enveloped her in a hug before smirking. "congratulations, dumbass. you're one year closer to death."

"hahah," erena rolled her eyes playfully. "love you too, tobio. i'm only older by a couple of months!"

"so?" he shrugged, punching the buttons to get his usual carton.

erena pointed to the plastic bag, bulky at the sides. "what's in the bag? drugs?"

"you seriously think i would get my girlfriend drugs on her birthday?" kageyama rolled his eyes, an amused smile playing at his lips. "you're more of a moron than i thought."

"shush!" erena cheekily placed a finger to his lips before peering into the bag and gasping happily. "are those cupcakes?"

"yeah," kageyama said, half-proud and half-sheepish as erena took the box out and started admiring the baked goods visible through clear plastic. "i baked them myself."

at those words, erena cringed away from cupcakes. "ew, i don't know whether i should eat it then. i'm just kidding, yamayama-kun! i'm sure it's delicious."

"of course it is," nodded kageyama. "i even replaced milk with strawberry milk."

erena raised her eyebrows. "you did what?"

"d-did i do something wrong?"

erena burst out into laughter. "you know, i still eat desserts with milk in them. i've never tried a cupcake with strawberry milk. but as strange as it is, i'm sure it will taste great because you baked it!"

the hopeful and happy expression she had on her face instantly as she bit into a cupcake with silky buttercream for the topping.

kageyama chuckled softly. "it's okay to admit that it tastes bad."

"other than the abundance of strawberry, it's pretty good," erena bit into her cupcake again before lighting up in a big smile. "thanks a lot, yamayama-kun!"

kageyama smiled too. "anything for you, erena."

┗━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┛

what a coincidence i wrote this birthday chapter on my birthday :3

word count: 343