[10]

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

┏━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┓

erena held out her gift. 

"do you remember the day we officially met?"

erena had been cycling to her after school activity when her bike collided with a rock, and she fell down, resulting in a large graze on her leg that seeped out blood. kageyama, having been held back after school for an art activity, stumbled across her.

"o-of course, erena-san."

this was the first time they had met.

officially, anyways. erena had caught glimpses of the black-haired boy who stared at the volleyball like it was his life. kageyama had occasionally glanced at the girl who was always skipping and smiling in the hallways.

erena was crying due to her injury, fat tears sliding down her cheeks. kageyama was at a loss for what to do. he wasn't good at emotions. 

nevertheless he had tried to calm her down, handing her tissues, a shoulder to cry on and, eventually, a handkerchief that he sewed in art class.

it was gorgeous, made from white silk and embroided with red and green hues to make several little volleyball decorations. with the afternoon scenery, it would've been a beautiful sight if kageyama had not been moving like a broken machine. 

"you gave me that handkerchief."

"it was a stupid decision, you didn't even use it to stop the bleeding, you just stuffed it into your pocket. i don't know why you still remember that."

"i thought it was cute."

"my handkerchief had volleyballs. not flowers or butterflies embroidery like you would give to a girl, by hand-embroided volleyballs. on top of that, you startled me. i didn't know oikawa-san's sister would look that good."

"are you saying that while i was bleeding, you were in awe of my beauty?"

"y-yes. at least one of us looked beautiful at that moment."

"i thought your movements were cute. you were all flustered."

"i-"

"anyways, shush!" erena giggled and placed a finger to her lips. "i'm trying to tell you something. i, oikawa erena, stupidly decide to present to you, kageyama tobio, your handkerchief."

with a flourish of her hand and a blush on her cheeks, she presented the handkerchief.

"happy birthday, tobio."

┗━━━━•✧*̥✧•━━━━┛

word count: 370