It was nice talking to you [16]

It was morning, and I was getting ready for school. Thanks to Kisuke, Renji and my wild imagination, we managed to make up a story for my injured leg. So I could answer if anybody asked.

I slid my leg into the black stocking. I adjusted it in the mirror. I stood still for a while. My injury was suddenly painful. I immediately took out the stockings, rubbing my calf. "Great, I can't wear stockings," I got up and looked in the mirror again. Seeing my legs exposed made me quite uncomfortable. I squinted my eyes, "Yeah, I don't have to shave. Besides, tomorrow is a weekend," I sighed, going out of my room.

I crossed my legs. It was cold. My legs were cold. I looked over at the bandages on my leg, seeing it still white and clean. I sighed, looking at my wrist. I smiled at the bracelet. It was cute and I was loving it. "Neddy-chan?" I looked to my side, seeing Orihime, "I heard what happened yesterday from Kuchiki-San," she looked over to my leg.

I uncrossed my legs, hiding my injured leg, "It's okay! I'm fine. It's nothing major," I replied, smiling at the orange hair.

"I can heal it if you like," Orihime tilts her head to the side, her hair falling off her shoulder.

I blinked at her. Then I remembered what Abarai-Kun mentioned, "Oh, no. It's alright. I already got treated," though I had to take things easy for 3 or 4 weeks. My eyes went to the blue flower hairpins she had. Those hairpins contain her powers, which are sweet and convenient.

Tatsuki came over, "What happened to you, yesterday?" she asked.

"Oh, there was an incident near my building. A telephone pole fell and one of the wires left a pretty nasty burn on my calf..." I muttered, trying my best not to burst into laughter. Lying was one thing, but the fact the story was made up tickled my heart.

Tatsuki's eyes widened, "Woah, are you alright?" she asked.

I nodded, "But I can't participate in any active event for 3 or 4 weeks."

"Huh, that's unfortunate," she said. I beg to differ but alright.

The bell rang, indicating it was lunch. I took out my lunchbox and got off my seat. I watched as the two went to their desk and took out lunchboxes as well. I went out of the homeroom and up the stairs, I went. Every time I stepped on a step, I would flinch in pain. I remembered the time I went up the stairs with a broken leg— though at that time I thought it was only a strained leg muscle.

I took a deep breath and opened the roof door. I walked out and peeked my head from behind the wall. Seeing the group in a circle. The same individuals I saw that day with Ichigo. I stepped out from behind the wall. They looked in my direction, "I see you're well," Yumi smiled.

I nodded, settling beside him. Ichigo looked over to me, his face turned red, "Why aren't you wearing stockings today?" he asked, looking away.

"It hurts my injury," I answered simply, "Sorry you have to see my legs naked."

Yumi laughed, "You don't have to apologise, Ned," he looked over to me, "You look better without it."

I shook my head, "I prefer wearing them. It's cold," I muttered, "Plus I'm not used to exposing my legs like this," I looked at my lap.

Y'know when you sit down, your thighs do that thing? I hated it. It made my already big thighs look oversized. Though I liked it when it was convenient, I could pretty much put everything on my lap and it won't fall off.

"Hey, you guys!" Orihime beamed, sitting down with the group. She looked at the group, "Are we discussing something today?" she asked, looking at the silver hair.

He shook his head, "We haven't received news from Soul Society," he sighed, "I wonder what's taking them so long."

"Well, I don't know if it's appropriate but, there's a festival tomorrow night," Orihime informed, "I thought we could take Neddy-chan there, I'm sure she'll love it, especially the firework show!" she beamed.

Something about this girl never failed me to smile. Plus a festival sounds fun!

"We can wear kimonos and buy snacks," Orihime looked at me, "It'll be fun!"

"That sounds fun!" I beamed right back at her. I looked over to the group, "But what about them?" The group looked over at the silver hair.

The silver hair looked at them all, "Why are you guys looking at me?" he muttered, "It's just a festival. You can go if you want to," he informed.

"But, captain, will you come as well?" The woman with orange hair and her uniform unbuttoned asked.

The silver hair sighed, "Fine, I will."

***

I looked in the mirror, doing some final last adjustments. Before I left for Japan, my sensei gifted me a Kimono. And every time I wear it, I smile so widely. It was pastel pink, and it had a sakura petals pattern. The ribbon was a darker shade than the Kimono. And I loved how there was a bow at the back.

I didn't have long hair so I couldn't style it much. But I did add a sakura hairpin, and it was enough to satisfy me. I looked at myself, turning to get every angle. I wanted to squeal very loudly. Something about wearing a kimono made me really happy.

I came out of my room, displaying my outfit, "What 'cha think?" I asked, lifting my arms.

Renji flashed a smile, "It's very pink," he laughed, "It suits you," he muttered. He wore a dark blue yukata and a floral bandana. His hair was neatly braided.

I raised an eyebrow, "You know how to braid your hair, huh?" I smirked at the little comment.

"I think it's stylish," he crossed his arms. I laughed, "You look cool," I patted his shoulder, "Come on, we don't want the other to wait."