The silence is so loud [50]

"I prefer my significant other not trying to collect data about me," I muttered, "It sounds like a stalker to me." I looked over to Luppi. He looked at the dark red spot on my neck, running a finger over it. I flinched at the contact. He continued eyeing it, "I'm trying to figure out who's most likely to do this to you."

"Stop staring at it," I covered the thing with my hand, "I hate it."

"Why do you hate it?" Luppi pouted, tilting his head to the side, "It makes your neck stand out."

"It stands out, that's why I hate it," I rubbed my neck, "And also I was forced to get it. This thing isn't going to come off until weeks." 

He snapped his fingers, "Number five gave that to you!" he placed his head on his hand, "What's his name again? I only remembered his height..." he shifted his gaze to my eye, "Am I right?"

"Yeah, you are," I bought my feet onto the couch so I could sit criss-cross.

"You're a bit too short for him," Luppi said, "Maybe that's why he took interest in you."

"I think he takes an interest in every type of girl."

"He only takes interest in one who looks weak," he leaned his head onto the couch cushion, "Your height makes you look weak and small."

"I can elbow right into his nuts if he isn't careful," I mumbled, "Saying I'm his prey and all that," I scoffed.

Luppi head perked up, "Oh, you're his catch, huh?" he smiled, getting off the couch, "I'll play with you a for a bit then," I snapped my head at Luppi, furrowing my eyebrows, "I don't mean it like him."

"What are you planning to do?" I stood up from the couch with him.

He took my hand and ran out of the room, "Gonna show you around for a bit," he looked at me, "I want to poke around with number five's feelings and instincts." I held on his long sleeve, "Aren't you lower than him?" Luppi's lavender eyes glinted with mischief as his lips formed a smile, "That's why I wanna poke him," he waved his other hand, "Just a little."

I raised my eyebrows, "Are you sure that a good idea?" I asked, still running with him, "At the end of the day, I'm probably the one getting the pounding," I scrunched my nose up, realising how wrong the sentence sounded, "I mean--."

Luppi giggled, "I get what you mean, pet," when he giggles, he placed the sleeve over his mouth, making it look like he was a mischievous little thing. I cringed a little at the nickname he called  me, "Can you not call me pet," I said, "Please?"

"Well, since you ask nicely," he paused, stopping for a while. He looked at me, "Is 'four-eyes' okay?" I blinked at him, "How about another name?" He tapped his chin, "What does your friends call you?" I stopped and think for a while. Trying to remember other nicknames besides boobs and scrunchies.

"Shortcake," I mumbled under my breath, remembering the nickname my online friend gave me. "Shortcake?" Luppi heard me anyway, "That suits you nicely." He continued to drag me around Las Noches. "Shortcake, where are you from?" He asked, looking at the front, choosing which way to go, "You sound different."

"I'm from South East Asia," I answered, looking around as we took turns. "South East Asia?" He looked at me, "I always wanted to see the outside world besides Karakura Town," his words mellowed a little, "But I'm just an Espada," he sounded a little sad, "I was born to serve and only serve."

I never saw it that way. It made me sympathize Espadas a little.

"I can tell you about my country," I softly muttered. Luppi smiled at me gently, "Its best if I don't know about the outside world," he spoke in a soft tone, "Its easier to live that way." Ignorance is bliss. My features soften as I looked at Luppi. He was pretty decent comparing to the other Espadas. Excluding Starrk, of course, he was chill and I appreaciated that.

"Do you miss the sun?" Luppi suddenly asked. I stopped for a while. As much as I like the moon, I realised I actually missed the sun. I missed waking up with the sunlight seeping through the curtains in the morning. I missed going out to the balcony after a nap to feel the sun on my skin.

"Yeah, I do." I answered. Luppi opened a large door and a beaming light blinded me for a second. I shielded my eyes with my hand. My eyes finally adjust and I looked around, noticing blue skies. And beaming Sun above. My mood suddenly changed and I beamed, a wide smile appeared on my lips.

I felt my body warm up. "I missed this," I muttered, looking up. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warmth seeping into my skin. Luppi walked to my side, "Its a little too warm for me," he said, wipimg his forehead, "But you seemed to like it." I looked over to him, smiling, "I'm basically a house-plant with complicated emotions." Luppi laughed, "That's one way to describe yourself."

I looked around, noticing buildings. "What are those?" Most of them were demolished or looked abandoned. Some of them were still in good condition. "Those are the Espadas' palace. Each of us given was a little place to stay," he gestured to a green dome, "That's Szayel's lab," then he gestured to a building that was covered with cylinders, "And that used to be the ninth Espada's place."

I nodded, looking at the ground as I kicked it with my shoe. "Thanks for bringing me out here, Luppi," I murmurred, "I appreciated it." Luppi crossed his arms, looking into the distance, "Your welcome, shortcake," he looked behind us. His lavender eyes sparkled, "Don't look behind you but five is looking," Luppi leaned a little closer to me and whispered. My neck itched to turn, I looked at Luppi, trying to check from the corner of my eyes.

Even though, I couldn't see him. But I sensed his Reiatsu.