But everytime I tried [6]

I froze, mortified. It wasn't a silhouette anymore. I could see all of its detail. From the white mask that covers its face to how many feet it had. I felt like passing out. I felt like running away. I felt several emotions that I couldn't explain in words.

The figure in front of it was quick with a Katana. A second later, the Hollow disappeared into the wind. The figure turned around, sliding his sword back into their carrier. Their eyes went to me and we both froze. I stared at him and he stared back. I sheepishly waved at him.

He said something, but I couldn't hear him from the distance, "Huh?!" I shouted at him.

"You can see me?!" he shouted, forming a circle around his mouth with his hands.

"Yes! I can!" I shouted back at him. Why didn't I just go near him? Simple. My feet didn't want to move as my brain processed the hollow I saw earlier.

He approached me and his figure became clearer. He had a white bandana on his forehead. He was tall. Like 180 cm or something tall. I was only 150 cm so compared to him, I looked like a child. "You're pretty short to be a high schooler," was the first thing he uttered. Back in my country, I was one of the tallest kids. Excuse you!

"What are you wearing?" I asked. But I quickly shook my head, "No, why are you wearing that?" I asked again looking at the red-haired man.

"Ever heard of a Shinigami?" he asked.

"No..." I paused, "I'm not from here."

"That's pretty obvious," he eyed me, "Your accent sounds funny."

My face burns up with embarrassment, "Well, I'm sorry I didn't grow up in Japan," I muttered, looking away from him.

He laughed, "Anyways, you friends with Ichigo?"

"I'm just his classmate."

"I'll just give you a brief explanation," he paused, squatting to my height, which pissed me off.

"Get up, you don't have to squat down like I'm a kid," I pulled on the back of his uniform.

"You're pretty feisty for your height," he got up, "Which reminds me of Captain Hitsugaya."

"I am because you're making me look like I'm a child!"

"Alright, alright," he held his hands up, his lips quirked up, "Did you see what I was slaying there?"

"Yeah, it was a Hollow."

"Huh, you know what a Hollow is but not a Shinigami?"

I shrugged, "I only know what I see."

"A Shinigami is a person that protects souls and guides them to Soul Society. By protecting souls, I mean slaying those things."

"What's Soul Society?"

"I guess you people call it the Afterlife. It's basically a place where souls go after passing."

"Huh," I muttered, "Are you allowed to tell me all this?"

"Since you have some Reiatsu in ya, I thought why not," I inspected him, and he seemed like a really laid-back person. But the red hair made it look like he was a hot-headed man.

I blinked at him, "Reiatsu?"

"Spiritual pressure that enables you to see souls and hollows. The way you see them depends on how strong of Reiatsu you have."

"I saw a Hollow yesterday," I looked at him, "But it was only a silhouette and now I could see all of its detail."

"I guess your Reiatsu increased. Maybe being near Ichigo affected it," he paused for a second, "Wait, you don't have any powers, do you?"

"Powers? DO I LOOK LIKE I have powers?"

"Some chick didn't, but surprisingly she did," he crossed his arms, "Where do you live?"

"Just at the building nearby. Why you ask?"

"Um, well..." he looked away from me, "Do you mind if I live with you? I know we just met but..."

I paused, trying to process what he said, "As my roommate?"

"Yeah, roommate."

I kept quiet, giving it some thought. I mean, at least I would have someone watching my back. Plus I could make him tell me about Sosuke Aizen, "Sure!"

He looked shocked for a second, "Are you sure?"

"Do you want me to say no?"

"I mean, I expected you to," he shrugged, "But, you said yes and you can't take that back."

I smiled at his reaction, "Where do you live, anyway?"

"I'm freeloading at a candy shop nearby," he huffed, "They barely let me eat there."

"Well, don't expect me to be a great cook," I adjusted my glasses, "My mum says I'm a pretty bad cook."

"Do you live alone or...?"

"I came here alone, so I live alone."

"Alright, I'm gonna go get my stuff," he turned and ran, "I'll be back!"

"Tell me your name first!" I shouted, "And how are you gonna find my place?"

"It's Abarai Renji!" he stopped to turn to me, "You got some Reiatsu, so I can easily find you," he grinned and ran.

I watched him disappear at a turn. Then it hit me. I just let a stranger live with me. If mum knows about this, she would definitely give me the chappal. And probably questioned me why it was a guy. I realised what a bold decision I made by letting him live with me. "I am losing my sanity," I sighed, walking back to my place.

I approached the building. "Neddy-chan?" I heard a familiar voice above.

I looked up to a window, "Oh, hey, Inoue-San!" I waved at her.

She waved back, "I didn't know you lived here!" she said.

I smiled at her, "It's the nearest building to the school."

I felt a hand on my shoulder, "A-Abarai-Kun?" Orihime gasped in surprise.

"Yo, Orihime," he greeted her.

I looked at the red hair, "You know her?" I asked him.

"We uh— got some chemistry," he muttered.

"Neddy-chan, how did you know him?" Orihime asked.

I nervously laughed, "Well, I met him at the park earlier," I scratched the back of my head, "We talked and just..." I shrugged.

"Oh," she replied, looking over to Renji, "Are you moving in?"

"Yeah, with her," he patted my shoulder.

I froze, letting out a nervous laugh. What is she going to think about me now? Oh dear god, I did not think this through.

"Well, I shouldn't interrupt you two!" Orihime exclaimed, "Good night, you two!"