~Chapter One~

Betty Cooper and Veronica Lodge, who are best friends, are sitting in Betty's room talking about school and boys when Betty's mom, Alice Cooper comes up to talk to Betty.

      "Betty, I just got back from my lunch with friends and one of them wants you to babysit their kid tomorrow." Alice tells Betty after saying hi to Veronica.

      "Okay, cool. What time and how much am I getting paid?" Betty asks.

      Shes trying to save up for collage since her mom gave her tuition the 'The Farm'. Betty thinks its a cult but she doesn't say anything because Alice is happy for the first time in a long time.

      "I don't know how much he is going to pay you but do it and be grateful no matter how much you get." Alice reply's with a warning tone in her voice.

      That made Betty roll her eyes. "excuse me? did you just roll your eyes at me young lady?" Alice said, now annoyed.

      "Yes. I did. don't tell me to be grateful that I got a babysitting job because its your fault I need it in the first place. You're the one who gave my collage money to The Farm without asking me!" Was Betty's response was equally annoyed as Alice.

      "Whatever Betty. Here's the address." Alice hands Betty a small piece of paper and walks out of the room.

      "Well that was awkward." Veronica says and Betty remembers that she is in the room. "oh, sorry about that." Betty said kind of embarrassed.

      "Okay, so back to what we were talking about." Veronica paused before saying. "Betty, you really need to get a boyfriend." she said with a smile.

      Betty agreed, but she didn't tell that to Veronica. Instead she said "Like any boy would want to date me. Besides, I'm to busy for a boyfriend. I have the Blue and Gold to put out every week by myself, cheerleading, and now babysitting. I can't drop any of them."

      Veronica felt kind of sad for her because Betty had no time for herself. So she started thinking of a plan to get Betty to have fun... Like a party.

~{ the next day }~

      As Betty went to the address on the piece of paper her mom handed her the day before, she was nervous. Not for any reason in particular; shes always nervous when meeting new people.

      The door opened to reveal a man in a Sheriffs uniform. Betty soon realised who she was babysitting and her face turned red. But she wanted to be professional so she introduced herself.

      "Hello, Sheriff Jones. My name is Betty Cooper and I'm the babysitter." She was confident with her introduction which made Sheriff Jones smile. "Hello, Betty. Come in."

      Betty stepped into Sheriff Jones house and noticed the boy sitting on the couch with who she assumed was his sister.

      "So you are mostly going to be babysitting Jellybean, but I would like it if you can make sure my son, Jughead, doesn't leave or have any friends over. Here is a list of emergency contacts. I will be back around 9pm"

      Sheriff Jones answered almost all of Betty's questions except for one. So Betty asked it in the most polite tone as possible. "um.. excuse me Sheriff Jones. I'm not meaning to be rude, but how much will I be getting paid? You see, I'm trying to save up for collage and I'm babysitting to get that money. I hope I'm not being dis-" Sheriff Jones cut her off.

      "Its okay Betty, your not being rude at all. You will be paid $16 an hour. I hope that will suffice for these trouble makers. And please, call me FP."