Did I really want to live a life of pretend?

Their faces changed into sadness and disappointment and the tears were slowly part of my sin as I reached out for a family that was part of my mere imagination yet I felt like they were really there. When I finally touched the smooth surface of the mirror as my hand fell flat and it felt like a barrier between my family and me.

I knew that I could never go back as I wasn't wanted back.

"I'm .......sorry" I hear my own voice plead for something that impossible in a choking mourn to be heard as the mirror stood as a barrier and I knew I was saying sorry for my sin but I cannot change a thing and I didn't want to be different, I was made this way.

However the faces that stared back were not the family I loved but the demons that stared back with a hatred that I couldn't understand and disgust against my pure being that I only wished wasn't there but I'm not naive enough to be blind to it.The hand that faced flat on the mirror instantly changed like a cross fire to a fist as I felt my teeth clenched because I didn't understand how much anger I had bottled up. I cried a war cry as I tightly clenched my fist and pulled back with the force my father once used as I knew I was staring at my father's eyes of no regret as I slammed the mirror with my bare fist.

The mirror smashed to smithereens as I felt the shards being drag into Hell by gravity and some flew and graze my cheek but all I could feel was the numbness in hand and the panting of my breath as I felt dragged to the floor and sat there.I stared at my hand that had a few mirror shards inside with blood everywhere yet I couldn't feel the pain and let a cold smile run against my lips.I raised the bloody hand to the air as if blinding the light of the bathroom and just stared at the blood slowly running down my wrists like my feeling were slowly being released into the air surrounding me like cold air.

"It's seems I have finally won a battle but I haven't won the war" I said in a light bitter laugh out into the dead silent of the bathroom and wonder if I was close to killing my own demons that seemed to be eating at my being like a parasite that I was too afraid to face.

.....

I was drinking some water to calm my nerves and I looked out my windows to see it was still very dark at 6am because it took a hour to clean my hand up and clean the mess in the bathroom.I stood in the kitchen thinking what to do until it's finally time to get ready for school because it doesn't take that long but before a very loud knock disputes my thoughts.

Who the hell knocks at 6am?

I tiptoe to the door nervously because I don't have many guests and last month there was a new report about a women just answering her knock and once she opened it, she was shot and killed and the killer robbed her place.I had nothing valuable so I felt sorry for the thief behind my door and the worse part is I don't even know it's a thief as my landlord very cheap and couldn't even install a peephole on the door so I slowly warp with my non-injured hand around the nob and unlock the door hesitantly.

I felt my eyes locked waiting its fate as I pulled the door wide open but when I stared back, I met a face I haven't seen for a while. A tall man with a usual kind yet very tired expression that is already in his forties but looks like he's in his early thirties and he shares the same hair colour of me but with plain and tired brown eyes, different from my dead green.I forced a sad smile as I already knew who this man was very well and I notice he's carrying his large case and I wish I didn't open the door.

He already engulfed me into his arms and I could already see the tired smile in on his face and I felt a bit awkward in his arms as I haven't had a good hug in a very long time when it's a normal thing in my family. He notices my awkwardness in his arms and pulls back and just strolls in and takes a sit at the dinning table in my tiny apartment and invited me to sit down like he lives here.I take my sit and stare at him with confusion to his quest coming here.