Chapter 6 : Another Mistake

Note: hey, long time no talk well, you should thank my best friend a lot for helping me because I know I was being lazy (my nature) and she pushed me to put this up so yeah, enjoy and vote and honestly I loved hearing your comments so I wanna hear more and I wanna opinions on the characters as I may get new ideas!

Vote Damn it!
Love you all!

Chapter 6

I've been avoiding Vincenzo and the brothers all day and during break , I hid in the library instead of going to my locker because I knew Vincenzo was waiting for me there. Some stupid girl kept questioning 'why was he there?' And I just ignored the girl as she was one of those gossip girl types looking for a juicy story to tell so she could input some of her own lies to make it into a rumour. I had been thinking over what my uncle said but I was more scared to see them than excited and I kept thinking 'what if this' or 'what if that.'

I looked like a idiot silently contemplating what I was going to do during classes however I came to a conclusion:

I'm not going.

I refuse to go.

It's been a year and a half but I thought what my parents would do if they saw me again as they thought I was nothing more than stranger and a parasite now than their son.I knew my uncle's son hated me for his own reasons.So being there would just ruin his birthday and I doubt he wants drama on his birthday, he's a idiot for believing it will be all happy family for me; as they threw me out so no doubt they never want to see me again.

During class, I wrote to the teacher on my whiteboard that I needed the toilet and I went into the boys bathroom, as I knew no one would be there during classes so I could talk loudly and freely. I knew Vincenzo would be on the hunt during lunch and this was a good escape as he was getting smarter by checking the library and I knew because during one of my free periods , I heard a few girls muttering among themselves about seeing him there. I had to call my uncle anyway as I never called him because of his work but he's on a break so I took the chance.I went into one of the stalls and locked it just in case someone walked into the bathroom,all they will hear is my voice and will not see my face.

I held the cold device to my ear as I waited for someone to answer on the other line and I held my breath.

"Hello" this voice wasn't my uncle's.

"Hey?"I said with a hint of fear in my voice as I already knew who it was.

"Why are you calling my dad?" He sounded a little angry but more curious as I knew he hated me so I always tried to avoid family events when I knew he's involved, but I can't even remember what I did to him to make him hate me so it felt awkward.

"Are you calling about coming to his birthday? He already told me and my mum about wanting you there."

I didn't say anything because I was about to say I wasn't coming, but he spoke before I had a chance.

"Darius I may hate you for what you did a long time ago but I don't hate you enough to let you enter a battlefield defenceless."

"But don't my brothers and sisters miss me?" I fired back.

He laughed at my stupidity.

"That's bull. Who told you that? My dad right?" He was still laughing too hard and I had felt the tears run down my eyes because I didn't know what to say or to believe anymore.

"You may not want to believe me but they all hate you. I was talking to your younger brother,Evan, a week ago and he hated, not only that you were gay but he also had to take over your chores and shit."