One

Something inside me told me that this wasn't the right decision to make.

I don't know why am I feeling abruptly discontented about the idea of moving into a new house in Georgia. The house seemed completely normal, according to the pictures we have seen online, but I don't know why since the moment I saw it, an unsettling feeling has possessed me. Perhaps because of the widespread rumors that claim that it's inhabited by invisible dwellers? But no, I don't believe in this stuff. Ghosts aren't real, and supernatural activities are just myths. Everyone is enthusiastic about moving into the house, meanwhile, I'm here just worrying about some false rumors.

Trying to brush that feeling off, I stared out the window, contemplating the vast green fields as we passed by. The fresh air gracefully hit my face, giving me goosebumps. As I breathed in, my lungs were pleasured with the refreshing air. I have always loved sitting beside windows, whether in school buses, cars, or even trains. It just feels heavenly to sit beside a wide-open window, allowing the air to slap your face, as you close your eyes and let your hair sway rhythmically with blowing air. The best feeling you can experience

After almost two hours, the car finally pulled up in front of a huge mansion. I instantaneously unfastened my seatbelt and crawled out of the car. I studied the huge mansion that stood before me in utter stupefaction. The house was bigger than what I had expected, and also older. The roof was manufactured of red bricks, with an attic window peeking out of it. There were a lot of windows that were scattered across the house's figure. Additionally, the house was encompassed by a vast garden, that was cultivated in various types of flowers. The house is really good, I have just been unnecessarily worried.

"Wow, it's amazing!" A gasp escaped Judy's mouth as she pondered the house in awed delight. Judy is the middle daughter - 12 years old - but strangely, she receives the most attention and care from mom and dad. But undoubtedly, she is much more obedient than the rest of us and you could hear her rarely say no to mom or dad. That's the reason why she's our parents' favorite.

"Yeah, it's really huge!" Lisa - the youngest daughter - exclaimed in excitement, eyeing the house with a wide grin. Lisa, being the youngest, also receives a lot of attention from mom and dad, but not as much as Judy, for sure. Lisa likes to act like the oldest, taking all the responsibilities, and dominating us. Though she's excessively sensitive and is low-key a crybaby, she is always denying it.

"Nah, it's just a piece of old garbage," Doris disagreed whilst crossing her arms, gazing at the house in repulsion. Here we come to the most disobedient and rebellious one between us all. Doris is the grumbler, always complaining about everything and anything, for no apparent reason. Besides the fact that she is the one who refuses to straightaway obey mom and dad's commands without talking back. But deep inside, I know she's a soft baby, who is hiding her insecurities by putting up a strong character.

"Oh God, Doris, can you stop complaining for once?" I groaned, rolling my eyes at her. She just stuck out her tongue scoffingly and began walking inside the house. I wanted to fight but ignored the gigantic urge to. I know she's just provoking me to start a fight so I'm not going to make her dream come true.

"You two, can you stop fighting for heaven's sake?" Judy said, probably to me because Doris was already inside the house. I rolled my eyes again. Judy really has hope that me and Doris would someday stop annoying each other? Not happening. Judy let out a sigh of disappointment as she made her way inside the house, followed by Lisa. I climbed onto the house's porch and observed it one more time.

"So no one's gonna help with the boxes?" Mom asked, frowning in disappointment, as she struggled to carry a huge, heavy box.

"Sorry mom, but I'm not strong enough!" I said smirking, causing mom's frown to enlarge as she rolled her eyes. I chuckled as I noticed how she was suppressing a smile.

When I was about to enter the house, I stopped when I noticed our pet, Alexia, sudden absence. I began investigating the backyard, looking for her behind trees and bushes. There was a bush that was slightly moving, like someone was shuffling behind it. I assumed that it's probably Alexia hiding there, so I slowly made my way over to the bush. Just when I was about to search behind it, I heard Alexia bark from behind me. I turned around and saw Alexia. So whatever was hiding behind the bush wasn't Alexia, which utterly confused me.

"Quinn! Bring Alexia and come inside!" I could hear mom shout from inside. I sighed and then glanced at Alexia, who was glaring at the house, as if it's something she had been holding a grudge against for a long time.

"Coming!" I hollered back. I held Alexia's choker and endeavored to pull her inside the house but she refused. I let out an exasperated sigh and looked at Alexia who was growling.

"Come on, Alex. What's wrong?" I pouted as I bent down to reach her height. I rubbed her head but her anger didn't seem to diminish. She made those bizarre noises which indicated that she still didn't want to enter the house. I gave up and entered the house, leaving Alexia outside in the backyard.

"Where's Alexia?" Lisa asked once she noticed that Alexia wasn't with me. I sighed.

"She doesn't want to come inside," I retorted, grimacing slightly. As I escalated the seemingly endless spiral staircase, I eventually reached upstairs. In a long hallway, there stood five doors, facing each other. I slowly walked into the hallway and randomly selected a door. Opening it, I was awestruck by the jaw-dropping bedroom

The furniture was modern-styled, and the walls looked recently repainted with a baby pink color. I assumed that the room had been newly renovated, unlike the rest of the house. The bed was queen-sized and covered with a wrinkled baby pink comforter. The mattress looked bouncy, which is the type of mattress I like. There was a pink-painted desk sitting in the corner, cluttered with some pencils and notebooks. A chandelier hung down from the ceiling, providing the room with decent lighting. Honestly, the room is really good.

As I was contemplating the room, footsteps resounding from behind me startled me. I turned around and began investigating the hallway intently, looking for the source of the running footsteps. My heartbeats accelerated at the thought of someone living in the house without our knowledge, but that was such a pathetic thought so I brushed it off. Panic set in again as the thought of some type of animal, like a rat or raccoon, wandering around.

I attentively looked around the hallway, with my heart pounding. Judy and Lisa came jogging into the hallway, chasing each other. I let out a sigh of relief; it's just them. I panicked for literally no reason. I re-entered my room and laid down on the comfy bed. Staring at the ceiling, thoughts of how our lives will be in this house began preoccupying my mind

I hope it will be good.