Epilogue

"This one is much more amazing!"

Lisa exclaimed as we stood before our new house.

It felt the same as the first time we moved into that haunted house, but what is different is that this one isn't haunted. We did researches and investigations on its history before we decided to move into it, so this time we are certain that we are safe. Though I couldn't be one hundred percent that we are safe, I reassured myself that it's not possible to experience the same supernatural things twice, plus we have already eliminated Laura and Vicky.

As we walked into the house, I held Alex's hand to feel secure. He has become my boyfriend and mom and dad approved of it. He is really nice and polite, caring and protective, the ideal boyfriend any girl could dream of. I know we've suffered a lot during our paranormal journey, but I'm glad we had to go through it all, otherwise, I wouldn't have met my soulmate.

Contemplating the house's details, I realized that it was even bigger than our old haunted one, furthermore fancier, newer, and cleaner. Not a single dust dot could be found on the ceramic-tiled floor, and I assumed that we are the first to own this house. Sunlight poured into the house through the balcony, beautifully illuminating every inch of the house. I breathed in deeply and my lungs were pleasured with the fresh air. My sisters were jogging around the house enthusiastically, exploring the rooms and everything.

"The house is really good," April said as she pondered the house's details carefully. April and Alex have insisted on chaperoning us to take a look at the house with us to ensure that there aren't any evil entities residing in it. I noticed that they seemed much more comfortable in this house than in the old one, which indicated that they weren't sensing the presence of any inhuman creature.

"It really is," I replied as I eyed the house in awe. "What matters is that it's not haunted, right?"

"Yeah, don't worry, it's completely safe," April said, smiling and nodding. April started to escalate the staircase, probably going to explore the rooms and most importantly, the attic as oftentimes, malicious entities conceal in the attics and basements, perhaps because they are the least visited places in houses.

I looked at Alex and smiled; gazing into his ocean blue eyes felt as heavenly as it did the very first time. His elegant smile still sent butterflies to my stomach, reminding me of the first time he showed it and had me weak in the knees. The effect he had on me was indescribable; no one has ever made me feel this joyous and comfortable before. I noticed that our faces were inches away, and as I was leaning closer toward him for a kiss, we were interrupted.

"Eww, this is disgusting," Doris grumbled as she scrunched her nose up. Me and Alex started to giggle at her reaction; Doris can be an asshole sometimes.

"Ignore Doris, she's just jealous," Judy said, smirking. Doris lightly nudged her shoulder and pouted, Judy stuck her tongue out at her, making her angrier. Doris growled and banged her feet against the floor.

"Jealousy jealousy," Judy continued teasing Doris but Doris pretended to not care about her. Me and Alex couldn't stop laughing at them, they can be so effortlessly funny sometimes. Lisa was busy investigating the backyard with mom and dad, excitedly sprinting around the vast greeny area with our new golden retriever. Even though we have gotten a new dog and named her Alexia too, I still miss our original Alexia so much. She has accompanied me since I was a kid, and it was difficult for me to accept her death. She passed away at a time we were troubled by uncountable things, that's why we didn't have enough time to grieve over her. I know I would start crying every time I glance at our new dog because I will definitely find a glimpse of Alexia in her.

"Hey, are you okay?" Alex's gentle, worried voice interrupted my train of thoughts. He might have noticed how quiet I suddenly was by the way how his smile faded and worry was written all over his face. "You went silent all of the sudden."

"It's nothing, I was just thinking," I admitted, giving him a reassuring smile. I looked through the balcony at Lisa as she was trotting around the backyard with our new Alexia, and I had to shed a few tears. "I just miss Alexia, our old dog who passed away."

I tried my hardest to not cry, particularly because I didn't want to cry in front of Alex. I attempted to hold back the cascade of tears that threatened to spill out, but I found myself failing to do so. A few tears escaped my eyes but I quickly wiped them off before Alex could see them, but unfortunately, he did see them.

"Hey hey hey, I don't want to see my princess crying," he said, wiping my tears off himself. A genuine smile appeared across my lips as I stared at him. "I know it's really hard to lose a pet, and I have experienced it before, but what helped me move on was knowing that even though they aren't with us, they'll permanently remain in our hearts. Our love for them will always remain in our hearts, forever."

His wise words relaxed me, and instantaneously put a smile on my lips. I threw myself into his arms and hugged him; the safest place to stay in is his arms. The hug lasted for a few blissful minutes, but it felt like a few seconds before we were interrupted by the sound of someone trudging the staircase hurriedly. We pulled away and glancing at the staircase, we were stunned to see April, panting vigorously like she has ran a couple of miles.

"April? What happened?" Alex asked concernedly as he approached his sister who was holding onto the handrail tightly. She proceeded to gasp for air for another few minutes before she looked up and stared into my eyes. The look in her eyes illustrated that something was wrong, and I feared that she had found something in the attic. She remained silent for a couple of minutes before she uttered something, something that would haunt me forever.

"She's not gone, Quinn. Vicky is back, and she's much more revengeful."