10. Galactic Stages

Songs for this chapter are:

Gravity Bounce - GGK (Carole and Tuesday)

Milky Way - GGK (Carole and Tuesday)

Love yourself - Pyotr (Carole and Tuesday)

Dreamer Girl - Asa

Three weeks later

I was walking on the corridor that led to my class when I felt something that nearly made me slip. I stopped for a moment and removed a flier that I accidentally stepped on, hence it was stuck beneath my foot.

I looked at the flier after removing the particles of sand on it read its content:

Voila Dance competition coming on the 18th of May, Starring; The TafCass Duo, The Galactic Girls, and the Mojo Suckers!"

Wow. The fliers were out already and the main day is tomorrow. Mustafa and I have spent the previous weeks, practicing during every extra hour we could find and even taking permissions from some classes just so we can go to the dance room to master both the old and the new steps that we have learned.

Mustafa and I are the TafCass Duo. People shipped us a lot and thought we were dating hence they gave us that ship name since they thought we looked very cute together.

Mustafa is from Iran while I am partly Filipino and partly Nigerian. People often said in school that interracial couples are the cutest.

People said all sorts of things about us really, but I did not care very much about it because I knew my relationship with Mustafa was platonic. I did not even mind using the ship name, TafCass as our dance name since we did not even have one before yet we always danced together.

But now that Dan is back into my life and now that I see him every day after school in his dairy milk truck, it was starting to irk me. I felt the strong urge to explain to everyone that Mustafa and I were just friends because I have feelings for someone else for sure.

Now, the name, TafCass was starting to bother me a lot but I decided to let it be since this is my last dance show in this school and everyone would not get to see Mustafa and I dance together again after tomorrow.

"So, let it be TafCass for one more day". I thought.

About Dan. The past few weeks have certainly been the most blissful. I had something to look forward to every day which made me happy. Happy to the point of feeling my body tingle at random moments. I mean, his yogurt was heavenly and I enjoyed our rides to the park and to other places where he took me.

Truly, he earned a lot of money just from selling dairy products to students from my school only, and on some days, he took me to a restaurant he could afford but those restaurants sold the very best meals.

I went to his apartment once just to see how things were for him and he was not lying when he said things were tough because his apartment was far from spacious with only a small mattress and a fairly used stove by the side. We prepared jollof rice together and ate. I assured him that better days were coming, and he told me he knew because he had me.

The mere thought of Dan made me do all the things I did during the week with ethereal joy in my heart. Dancing with Mustafa was easier than normal, all I had to do was imagine myself dancing with Dan instead.

Classes seemed a lot more catchy and exciting and I looked forward to my classes simply because I always imagined Dan being my seat partner. It made me giggle a lot. The best part of my day was usually stepping out of the exit and seeing him standing by his milk truck, waving and smiling at me.