The Aftermath

A low groan woke me the following morning. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself draped over Bruce. Curled into a tight ball in the middle of my back was Sam, and he was groaning like he was in pain.

"When did you get here?" I asked, sitting up a little.

He shifted so his head was in my lap and his hands opened and closed on my thigh. "Three maybe. How does time work here anyway?" He mumbled. "I think I'm gonna puke."

I rubbed his back in soothing circles. "Please don't," I said. "Do you want to take something?"

"What does Asgard have?"

I started to massage his scalp. "I don't know. I took tea for sleep but I haven't had alcohol since I got here. I can go ask if you want."

He grumbled and shook his head. "Just keep doing that."

I kept massaging his scalp and he seemed to start to relax a little. Though his muscles stayed clenched and he kept whimpering.

After a little while, Natasha came in. She was naked and bleary-eyed, but she didn't look hungover like Sam was. "I need a proper bed, can I get in here?"

"Of course," I said.

She climbed in on the other side of Sam and lay down, closing her eyes. "You missed a great orgy, El."

I shrugged. "Bruce and I had a good time. Besides, I'm still not sure about sleeping with people outside the group. Clint was the fastest I've ever agreed to have sex with someone, you know? And I only agreed to that because it was you suggesting it. Even my one night stand before I met you guys was a friend."

"I don't know, El. Sif knows what she's doing." Natasha said. Sam groaned in response and rolled over, clutching his stomach. "Are you going to throw up, Sam?"

"Maybe..." He groaned.

"El, Hogun is up. Can you go get him to take Sam to the bathroom or something?" Natasha said.

I shifted out from under Sam and he moved so he was curled up on Natasha. I grabbed a wrap and tied it around myself before poking my head out into the living area. It was still very early, with only the very hint of sunlight coming up. Scattered around the room in a few small piles was Bucky, Steve, and Wanda, Thor and Clint, and Volstagg and Tony. Sif stood guarding the kids' room while Hogun was at the door that led out to the palace.

"Hogun, a little help," I said.

He nodded and followed me back into the bedroom. "What can I do to serve?"

Sam made a weak groaning noise from his place curled up on Natasha. "He's gonna puke." She said rubbing his back.

Hogun came over to the bed and lifted Sam up like he was cradling a baby. "Alright. Let us see what we can do for you."

He carried Sam out and I crawled back into bed with Natasha and Bruce. "Things look interesting out there. We'll have to move people when the sun is up. The kids have been sleeping late but we can't risk them walking in on that."

"Sam will have some puking buddies," Natasha said. "Bucky was keeping pace with Thor."

"So tell me what happened," I said, pulling myself up tight against Natasha.

She trailed her fingers up and down my back. "Well, there was a lot of drinking. Steve was very funny. He made Tony ask him if he was a tree and when Tony asked he's like 'No, are you an idiot?'"

I started laughing. "Oh my god. Steve did that?"

"Yes," Natasha said, ghosting her lips up my neck. "This cat came in. Wasn't a cat but it looked like a cat. Steve picked up a grape and threw it at it. When Clint asked what he was doing, Steve said he was trying to catch a Pikachu."