Reunited

Our moment of relaxed contentment didn't last too long. By the end of the same day, Thor had come clean about the Fenestare, which had led to a long argument about whether it was okay to even participate in a battle to the death, how dangerous it was, and how it put the rest of us at risk too.

Tony wanted to leave. Even the tiniest risk to the kids' safety and he was on edge. And so far there had been a lot of those. Steve wasn't so sure if we should leave. If Thor was so determined to do this, he wanted to be there to support him. He was very vocal about the fact that he did not think Thor should do it on moral terms.

Nothing was changing Thor's mind though, so we spent the following day, highly strung as he prepared for the fight. Tony dragged Steve to the lab to finish the bots and Thor had made me and the kids follow him around all day. They were tired and cranky as we went back to his royal chambers. Pietro was curled up in my arms and Riley was throwing herself around in Thor's rather dramatically when Sif stormed in.

"Why was I informed, immediately upon arrival that there is going to be a Fenestare?" She asked, squaring up to Thor and poking him in the chest. "It's like this place doesn't function when I'm not here."

I couldn't even pretend I cared about what Sif had to say about the Fenestare. I was too excited she was back. If she was back it meant the others might be here too. "Did you bring them?"

"Yes," Sif said. "I took them to your chambers. They are settling in."

I whined and looked at Thor. He handed me Riley and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "Volstagg, could you please escort the Lady Elise to the others."

"Of course," Volstagg said and gestured to the door.

"And I will stay here and attempt to slap some sense into our King," Sif said.

I followed Volstagg down to our chambers carrying both the kids and when I stepped inside I found them all looking high strung and pacing the room.

"You're going to need to explain what's going on fast," Wanda said. "I'm starting to lose them."

"Hey, hey, hey," I said putting the kids down. They both immediately started bouncing and jogging on the spot like they wanted to run to the rest of their family but couldn't decide who they should run to first. "Why do you guys always have to go so negative?"

"Because an alien shows up, demands we all come here, and the mind-reader immediately jumps on board," Natasha said folding her arms in front of her. "That's suspicious."

"Can one of you indicate to your kids to come to them, they're about to explode," I said. "The rest of you take a seat."

"Who wants Daj?" Wanda asked crouching down and opening her arms. Riley charged over to her and slammed into her. I crouched and pointed to Clint and Pietro ran over to him and immediately started scaling him.

Almost everyone took a seat in the couches. Bucky, Natasha, and Bruce couldn't seem to settle though, and the three of them kept pacing the room.

"Okay... so, there's been a little descension here that Thor was unaware of the extent of. A section of his people believe he was too young for the job, but originally there was no other choice but him or Loki and he was the preference. So they would make him jump through hoops and he'd do it. Only now a faction claiming there are two older siblings. They believe that the firstborn son should be ruling and not Thor and are causing some trouble. A few things have happened." I explained as I sat forward on the couch.

"There's a what?" Natasha asked.

"Brother. Though there has been no actual sign of him. There is a claim he was kidnapped and raised by the rulers of one of the other realms in the hope to put him in charge of Asgard and then they would rule the nine realms." I answered.