Chapter 4 - Older Brother

Start from the beginning

He leaned over and opened the door, throwing you in first. The moment you walked through the door, a blade struck next to your ear. You jumped, the point of it only inches from your face. Following the blade to its owner, you were met with a man with bold eyes, darker than the ocean at midnight.

He pulled his sword out of the wall and stood back to his full height. He wasn't as tall as Jungkook, but his body was just as strong and defined. He was, however, more elegant, wearing a silk gray button shirt rolled up past his firm biceps, and a necklace with a ruby stone dangling from his throat.

 He was, however, more elegant, wearing a silk gray button shirt rolled up past his firm biceps, and a necklace with a ruby stone dangling from his throat

"Get her out of here," he said Jungkook, nodding to you.

His voice was light and airy, a complete opposite of his words. He jabbed the blade in the ground, straightening his fencing glove while looking directly at you.

"Hardly the way to greet a lady," you replied, folding your arms across your chest.

He ignored you, picking up his sword and pointing it at Jungkook.

"You made this mess," he said. "You clean it up. I want no part of it."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "I can't really take her back now, can I? Half the city would be after me."

"You should have thought about that beforehand. That's your problem, Jungkook. You never think through your idiotic plans."

"My plans have results."

"They have casualties."

The swordsman's eyes pierced through Jungkook, and you noticed when Jungkook looked away for a second to regain his composure.

"You have any other ideas?" Jungkook asked. "Or would you like to give up now?"

A wave of pain fluttered across the swordsman's face. He seemed lost in his thoughts for a moment, then shook his head to himself. Not saying another word, he took his sword to the wall and hung it.

"Allow me to properly introduce you, princess," Jungkook said to you. "This is Jimin. My first mate and older brother who is constantly disappointed in me."

"I don't blame him," you replied. "I've known you twenty minutes and I don't have high hopes for you either."

Jungkook shoved his tongue in his cheek and turned back to Jimin. "Well, she's awake now. Can you do it?"

Jimin sighed and shook his head. "Only on a full moon. I told you this already."

"Isn't it all the same? A moon is a moon. It's almost full. Maybe the fairies can't tell the difference."

"And this is why the fairies don't like you."

You couldn't hold in your laugh. "Fairies? Are you two crazy?"

They both looked at you with cold eyes, then to each other.

Jimin nodded to you. "She doesn't believe in magic?"