As your eyes followed around the room, they came back to your bed, where a man was sitting and watching you sleep.

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Captain Jungkook.

You screamed and shoved a foot out, kicking him clear off the bed.

He hit the floor with a grunt and a few swear words, coming back to his feet and towering over you.

"Is this how you greet a man in the morning?" he asked, wincing. "You kick like one of the horses of the apocalypse."

"Where am I?" you commanded. "Why did you bring me here? How long were you watching me with that disturbing look on your face?"

He chuckled, coming forward and leaning over the bed. He straightened the stray curls of your hair with a delicate finger.

"Does that bother you?" he asked. "Is it the first time a man has watched you sleep?"

You slapped his hand away. "No! Yes. Wait..."

He chuckled and licked his bottom lip, stepping away from the bed. You sat up and turned to jump off the bed and run, but your head spun with so much vertigo that you could only stop and hold your head.

"It seems you can't take adrenaline well," Jungkook said, pouring an odd light brown drink into a glass. "You passed out the moment we jumped from your balcony."

He came back over to the bed, sitting down next to you. As his thigh grazed against yours you pulled back, sitting further down the bed.

"Don't worry, darling," he said, taking a sip. "I want something from you, but it ain't your body. I don't find you all that attractive."

You straightened your skirts. "If you're wanting ransom --"

"Money would be preferable, but your father has none. Isn't that right?"

You stayed silent. How did he know that?

He took a gulp from the glass and winced, then offered it to you. You looked at it in disgust.

First he says he doesn't find you attractive - even with how well dressed you are - and then he wants to hand you his dirty glass? What terrible manners.

"Drink," he said, nudging the glass at you. "It ain't poisoned and you're probably dehydrated."

You caught the smell and nearly gagged. "What is that?"

"Water."

"The hell it is."

He chuckled. "It's water with rum and lime. The rum purifies the water, and the lime wards off disease. Unless you want to drink seawater and give yourself scurvy, I suggest you drink it."

Your tongue suddenly felt like sandpaper and you hesitated before taking the glass. You took a sip, the flavor overwhelmingly unpleasant.

"Drink faster than that, darling. I'm not your handmaid."

You downed the glass, hoping the alcohol would at least be enough to settle your nerves.

When you finished, he took the glass, leaning forward to get your attention. You stared back into his sharp, deep eyes, the brown in them swirling in mischief.

"Now," he said, "about the thing that I want."

You waited.

"Take us to the Eros," he said.

You broke out in a laugh, spitting the remnants of the alcohol-water in his face. He pulled back with a grunt.

"The Eros?" you echoed, still laughing. "Are you dense? You believe in that old fairytale?"

He used the back of his sleeve to clean his face. "It's not a fairytale. It's a real stone. One worth a lot of money when I get my hands on it."

"And what does that have to do with me?"

"Neva," he said, repeating your great-great-grandmother's name. "She was one of the five guardians, was she not?"

You rolled your eyes. Your father often spoke of the tale of your great-grandmother being a guardian for the Eros - the famous stone said to control the spirits of the water. Your father had joined the King's Navy based on those tales. Of course, all of it was a family legend with no real evidence or facts. As a child, you loved the stories, but as a grown woman you knew they were just stories.

"You'll have a hard time finding something that doesn't exist," you said flatly. "My great-great-grandmother died young from consumption and never breathed a word about such things to us. Even if I believed in the Eros - which I must tell you, I do not - I couldn't tell you where it is."

Contrary to the words you spoke, he smiled. "I don't need you to tell me the location, darling. I can get it from you in other ways."

He grabbed your wrist, twisting it so that your palm faced up, and extending your arm until it was flat. With his other hand, he traced a line from your elbow to your wrist, sending shivers down your spine. His eyes dragged down your arm like he was going to eat it, then met your eyes again.

"Your blood will tell me where to go," he said. "The blood of a descendant of a guardian will be enough to find what I'm looking for."   

You smacked his cheek. "Don't touch me like that, pervert."

"Gah! Such a violent woman," he hissed, rubbing his face. "Usually I'm into that sort of thing, but you have no charm to go with it."

"No charm!" you cried, insulted. "I assure you, dear Captain, I am one of the most charming and attractive women on this side of the Atlantic. If you had half a brain, you could see it."

"Maybe that's the problem. All the men you know only have half a brain."

He grabbed you by the wrist again, this time bringing you to your feet. The world spun a second time, and you stumbled, falling into his chest.

"Such an attitude, yet you're falling for me already," he teased.

You struck an arm in his chest. "Don't flatter yourself."

Unaffected, he tugged on your wrist again, chuckling. "Let's go."

"Go where?"

"To get directions," he said, a deadly smirk engulfing his entire face. "Your blood will tell me all I need to know. It's time to make it talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Early update!

I'm waiting on a bus for Gwangju. (JHope's hometown.) I have an hour to kill before getting on the bus. Then I'mma spend 3 hours on a bus. Then I'mma go meditate in a forest. You guys wanna see pics? :D

If you like my stories, don't forget to pick up a copy of THE FIVE PRINCES, my commercial version of T7P here on Wattpad. There are new characters, new plot twists, and a place to write your own ending!

 There are new characters, new plot twists, and a place to write your own ending!

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

You can order it anywhere, or pick up an ebook copy online.

Thanks for the support! Love you guys.