Chapter 10

Krystal stood outside and gazed up at the tall building. Steel Corporations was written at the top in big formal letters. The building stood tall and proud in the middle of Manhattan.

When she had picked up her phone, Jason quickly snapped at her and told her to come to his office. He hung up before she could even reply, or say anything for that matter. Someone was obviously not in a good mood. She honestly didn't know what compelled her to come but maybe she was just curious as to what he had to say.

She carefully made her way to the front entrance and walked in. As soon as she did, she felt out of place. Men and women everywhere was dressed in formal business suits while Krystal on the other hand was wearing some black skinny jeans and a maroon sweater.

After looking around for a bit she finally spotted the receptionist desk and walked towards it.

The receptionist was a young blonde that was wearing a white button up shirt with a black pencil skirt and black blazer. She was young and pretty, but she looked like the bitchy type. Krystal decided she wasn't going to judge her before she even talked to her.

She was typing on her keyboard and didn't look up until Krystal made it up to her desk and cleared her throat.

As her eyes landed on Krystal, she openly scowled at Krystal's clothing.

"Sorry but we are not buying whatever you are trying to sell." Yep, definitely the bitchy type.

"I'm not trying to sell anything. I'm here to see Jason Steel."

"Name please?"

"Krystal Hastings"

She scrolled down the list of appointments. "I'm sorry. I don't see an appointment for a Krystal Hastings. If you would like to see Mr. Steel you will need to book a meeting with him. His next available appointment would be about," she scrolled down some more, "six months from now."

"What? No, I don't need to make an appointment. He already knows I'm coming."

"Look. This is a place of business. We don't have time to deal with people like you."

Krystal was annoyed by now. "Look. I don't even want to see your stupid boss. He called me. So just let me go."

"I'm afraid I have to call security," the receptionist said while she picked up her phone and dialed a number.

"Oh my gosh!" Krystal yelled in frustration. "Can't you just call Jason? He'll sort this out!"

"Mr. Steel has much more important matters to take care of instead of dealing with these type of issues. "

Just then, security came. The receptionist pointed a perfectly manicured finger at Krystal before Krystal was roughly grabbed by her by the arms and being dragged out. She tried her best to break loose from their hold. Key word: tried.

The two security men were well over six foot and had huge, bulging muscles. They both wore black pants and tight, black v-neck shirts that made them look even more muscular and tough.

The blonde receptionist just stood at the side of her desk with arms crossed and a smirk on her face.

Krystal dug the heels of her foot into floor as best as she could and flailed her arms around to try and loosen the grip they had on her. She was sure she would have bruises on her arm the next morning.

"Wait! Wait! Just, just hold on a sec."

The two bodyguards stopped but still kept a hold on her arms. As hard as she could, she jerked her arms out of their hands. They took a step towards her but stopped when Krystal put her hand out with her index finger up, indicating for them to hold up a sec.