Chapter 20

Jason stood by the wall of floor-to-ceiling windows in his office, gazing at the view though not really seeing. Back straight, hands in his pockets, blank expression. Though he seemed calm from the outside, he was anything but on the inside.

Ever since Jason came to his realization last night Krystal seemed to be the only thing he could think of. Memories of them two together these past couple of weeks constantly replayed through his mind. Her laughs, her smiles, the few times he had her in his arms. He felt a smile tugging at his lips.

After dropping her off last night, Jason went back home to his condo and tried to fall asleep but only ended up tossing and turning all night. He finally gave up on sleep around four in the morning and decided to just head to his office and get some work done. Yet, when he got to work, he still couldn't focus.

Jason sighed and raked a hand through his hair. He had forgotten how distracting liking someone could be. This was exactly why he avoided relationships after Amy. He needed to focus on building up and running his empire.

And with that last thought in his mind Jason decided that, even if he did like Krystal, he would only like her from afar. He didn't need any distractions.

> > > > > . < < < < <

Liam and Liv sat at a bench a distance away in the park from where everyone else was at.

"Liv. We need to come up with a plan to get them two together. The sexual tension around them is so obvious!"

"I know! But, I mean, how are we supposed to get them two together? Jason just seems annoyed with her all the time and Krystal's just oblivious." To prove her point, she motioned towards Krystal who was talking and laughing with Carter. Jason leaned against the fence with crossed arms a few feet away, glaring at the them.

Liam sighed before kissing Liv's temple. "I don't know but we'll come up with something."

"Oh like your great idea of having Krystal ride with Jason to the tracks yesterday?" Liv asked sarcastically while rolling her eyes.

"Hey! It wasn't that effective but it's a step!"

Michael blew on his whistle to catch everyone's attention.

"Come on. Let's head back." Liam and Liv got up and made their way to the baseball field while holding hands.

"Okay guys. Today is day four of the competition. Since the Black team currently has two points and the White team has one, if the Black team wins the baseball game today they will be crowned the All Star Champions, seeing as they would have three out of five points. So, White team, you'd better step up your game today if you don't want the Black team to win. Black, your batting first. White, you're out in the field. Let's get this game started!" Michael blew his whistle again, signalling the start of the game.

(Skip towards the end of the game)

The score was now 21 - 17 with the White team in the lead. It seemed like the White team was going to win this round.

The White team was now batting and the Black team was out.

It was now Krystal's turn to bat so she walked out of her place in the dugouts and towards the home plate with a bat in her hands. She gets into batting position as she waits for the pitcher to pitch the ball.

Krystal heard a whistle behind her. Without turning around, she already knew it was from Tyler, a member of the Black team and the current umpire.

"Damn Krys! Are those space pants you're wearing? Cause that ass is out of this world!", he joked.

People in the audience and some members of the Black team laughed at that joke. Even some of her own team members laughed!

She was wearing tight white pants with a white baseball jersey while the Black team wore the same thing but with a black jersey.

Without looking back at him, Krystal smirked and wiggled her knees down lower, tightening her pants and teasing him. She smirked. "Obviously Ty, these are baseball pants. Because this ass is out of your league."

At that moment, the pitcher threw the ball and Krystal hit it with a loud 'crack'. She began running towards second base, leaving behind a laughing Tyler. Krystal kept running and stopped at third base.

Ten minutes later, the game ended and the White team won. Since the points were now 2 - 2, the final game tomorrow will decide who will be crowned the champions.

The six roommates, Carter and Liam were now sitting in a circle on the grass. They were eating some pizza that Carter had just ordered. He had ordered five pizza's.

"Jason," Carter called over. "Come join us!"

Jason had started heading out of the park until Carter called him over. Eh, what the heck, he thought. He came over and sat in the only space big enough for him to fit in the circle, right between to Krystal and Liam. Liam smirked to himself, proud that he had purposely left a gap big enough for Jason to fit.

They mindlessly talked among themselves as the sun began setting behind them. Jason found himself relaxing and enjoying their conversations. He had on a small smile every time Krystal laughed, which didn't go unnoticed by Liam and Liv. Slowly, Jason began feeling pressure on the side of his arm. He turned his head over to see Krystal had began unconsciously leaning against him for support. His heart picked up to that now familiar rhythm he had each time she was near. He continued to look at the side of her face and she continued listening to the conversation the group was having. No one seemed to have noticed Jason staring at her. Not even Krystal.

"Mr. Steel!" Jason suddenly heard, snapping him out of his own thoughts. He looked up to find his personal assistant, Derek, jogging towards them.

Krystal immediately straightened up, Jason internally disappointed by the loss of contact with her. Everyone's attention was now on Derek, who was still making his way towards the circle.

"Mr. Steel," Derek said again, out of breath, once he reached them.

Jason got up from his spot. "Yes Derek. What is it?" He snapped. Gone was the care-free Jason from a few minutes ago. Now he was replaced with the cold, business Mr. Steel.

Derek gulped. "I tried contacting you but you didn't answer."

Jason remembered turning his phone off before the game.

Derek continued. "The deal with Shanghai, they're trying to pull out!"

"What!?" Jason growled. "What do you mean they're trying to pull out?"

"Apparently they've received a better deal from Mr. Anderson."

Jason gripped on to his hair. "Fuck! That mother fucker!" he yelled out. Nicholas was always trying to ruin everything of his.

"Jason," Liam said, trying to calm him down. He was now standing in front him with his hands on Jason's shoulders. "Calm down."

"No! I can't fucking calm down Liam and you know that! Shit!", Jason stormed away with Derek following behind him, but not before glancing at Krystal one more time before leaving.

Liam kissed Liv quickly before hurriedly following after Jason, knowing exactly where he was planning on going. His office. He knew he needed to be there for his best friend right now.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N:

Just so if it wasn't clear, I changed Jacinda's name to Liv. Olivia for long. Hm... Liam and Liv, I kind of like it.

Oh, and I have decided to enter this story into the Watty's 2016 because why not? I have nothing to lose please vote for this story if you want to!

Today's Date: 6/27/2016