Chapter 9

Jason let out a long sigh as he leaned back into his plush, leather chair and loosened his tie. He closed his eyes for a few minutes as he took a short break.

After a few minutes, he ran a hand through his hair and sat back up in his chair. He grabbed his pen and once again began working on the piles of paper stacked on his desk.

It was now Thursday and Jason was stuck in his office doing work. It was only just noon but he already had a lot of work to do.

After about a half hour of doing work, his office door opened and he looked up to see who it was. 

"Hey bro!", Liam said cheerfully.

Jason turned his attention back to his work and said with a blank face, "What did you want?"

"What?", Liam said while clutching his heart in mock hurt. "Do I always need a reason to come visit my bestest friend during my lunch break?"

Jason looked up at him still with a blank look. "Yes."

Liam sighed and shook his head. Then he smiled again.

"Well I actually came here to go get lunch. Come on."

Jason shook his head. "Can't." He gestures to the stacks of paper on his desk with his hands.

"Who cares? You're the boss! Come on, let's go."

Jason sighed again but stood up anyways and fixed his tie. He nodded at Liam and they both left his office.

When they make it out of the office building, Liam's black SUV was already parked at the front and his driver had the door opened. They both climbed in and headed off to lunch.

When they got to the restaurant they were seated immediately by the manager himself. The staff there instantly recognized them and did whatever they could to please them. They didn't want to risk getting on the bad side of two of the most powerful people in the US, if not the world.

The manager led them to a VIP table near the back where they could have some privacy away from the rest of the restaurant. As soon as they sat down, the manager had already called for a waitress to get their orders. The waitress was a blonde with a tight uniform that made her boobs slightly pop out of her low buttoned up shirt. Her makeup was caked onto her face and had on long fake eyelashes. She batted her eyes in what she thought was a seductive look. She was trying to get the attention of the handsome, god-like men in front of her.

Both Jason and Liam placed their orders with not so much as a glance towards her. After she wrote down their orders, she walked away while swaying her hips in hopes that they would look at her. She didn't even get a glance.

"Liam. What is the real reason why you wanted to have lunch today?" Jason asked suspiciously.

"Like I said. I can't just have lunch with my best friend?"

Jason gave him a look saying he didn't believe him. "Seriously, you've been abnormally happy and giddy this whole time. What's going on?"

Liam let out a fake, over exaggerated sigh. "Fine. Fine. Geez, stop your prying. If you must know," he said sarcastically. Then he smiled, "I got a date Friday night."

"And.... ?"

He shrugged. "That's it."

"Then why are you acting so happy? It just a date. It's not like it's your first one."

"No man, it's just, I don't know. I just... have a feeling that this girls going to be different. You know, unlike the normal girls I go on dates with."