Chapter 25

They continued to stand on the roof for about thirty more minutes, both lost in their own thoughts. It wasn't until they started to feel a couple raindrops that they decided to head back down. The rain was pouring down by the time they made it back to the lobby.

Jason sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He was really beginning to wish Krystal hadn't have sent Marshall home earlier. Krystal, however, did not regret sending Marshall home at all, knowing she wouldn't have wanted him to drive in this weather.

"What should we do now?" she asked him.

Jason looked up and down the streets through the glass doors. There were no taxi's in sight. They must have stopped driving due to the dangerous road conditions and he doubted they would come if he called them on his phone.

"We could walk," he suggested.

"Walk?" she asked in disbelief. "Jason, it would take at least an hour to walk back to my apartment from here."

"Yeah, to your apartment. But it would only take thirty to walk to mine."

Krystal thought about it for a second. "Okay, we'll go to your place then." She was okay with anywhere besides where they were currently at. They didn't know how long the storm would last and she definitely did not want to be stuck in a dark office building all night.

Jason took off his jacket before draping it over Krystal's head and shoulders. Krystal couldn't help but be touched by the gesture. She beamed up at him though he didn't see as he was too busy fixing the jacket so she wouldn't get too wet.

He smiled once he was done. "Ready," he nodded. He grabbed Krystal's hand, about to leave the building, before she stopped him.

"Wait," she said. "Give me your phone."

He handed her his phone and she put it in her windbreaker pocket along with her own phone. Since it was waterproof, zipping up the pocket would prevent their phones from getting damaged.

"Okay, we're good."

Still with her hand in his, he walked out of the building and towards the direction of his apartment. They were drenched the moment they walked out so they didn't even bother to walk faster. It was freezing as they walked, the only warmth coming from their intertwined hands.

Jason was right. It did only take about thirty minutes to get to his apartment, however, the cold, dark, and rain mixed together made it feel like it took hours.

They tried to squeeze out any water they could off of their clothes but it was useless. It looked like they both had just jumped into a pool of water.

They made their way into the elevator where Jason entered a code before pressing on the button that led to the top floor. Krystal rolled her eyes. Of course he would live in the penthouse.

The elevator doors opened up to a single long hallway with a window at the very end. In the middle of the hallway were two doors on opposite sides of the walls and facing one another. Jason walked over to the door on the right before taking out his keys and opening the door. Krystal looked at the other apartment door with curiosity. She wondered who lived there.

Jason looked over his shoulder as he walked through the doorway to see that Krystal was looking at the door opposite his own. "Liam lives there, though I doubt he's home," he told her.

Krystal's mouth slightly dropped. "He does?"

Jason nodded. "I had the top floor be split into two penthouse's so I could have one and Liam could have one."

Krystal's mouth completely dropped now and her eyes widened. "You own this building?"

He scoffed. "I wouldn't pay to live in someone else's building," he said in a 'duh' tone.