Chapter 8 The WerePanther I Call Mine

Chapter 8

Avalon's POV

I woke the next morning feeling sick to my stomach. I ran to the bathroon just in time to throw up. This confirmed my suspicions. I was pregnent. For all the good it did me I still loved Jake. I put my head in my hands and held back my tears. My tears wouldn't change the fact that Jake didn't love me. I put my hand to my stomach where a part of Jake rested in the twins I carried. I knew I was carrying twins. I didn't know how I knew it just like I didn't know that I was having a boy and a girl but I did. I slowly got up and washed out my mouth then packed up my stuff. I was crying the whole time I was packing. I only packed the bare minimum of stuff i needed.

Slowly I looked back into the room that Jake and I had shared and then turned my back and climbed down the stairs and to my car. I put the car in gear and drove away. Later on that day I took a flight to Milwaukee Wisconsin. From there I took several buses and walked to a small town called Marathon. There I slept in a cheap motel, planning on finding somewhere permanent to live. I knew Jake would try and find me but I had careful to hide my tracks by wearing a hood and covering my face where ever I went. I could only hope he would never be able to find me.

The next day I looked around town for a small house to buy. I found one out on the edge of town. It was a small white house with a porch and a small back yard. For the children when they grew up enough to play in. I bought it with my inheritence. Technecially I was rich. Luckily Jake didn't know. I had never told him so I had never lied to him. I had no family left aside from the ones I was carring in my womb and my missing brother. And i hadnt seen him in years. For all i knew he was dead.  It was just me and my babies from now on. Dispite how I felt about Jake I was glad that I had a part of him to love. I needed someone to love and to love me and I now realized he never could fill that place.

Over the next few days I moved in all my stuff. Luckily the place was already furnished and I loved everything so I didn't make many changes. Day by day I grew bigger with the twins. Did I forget to mention that when your a shifter and pregnent, you're pregnency is a lot shorter. By 4 months to be exact. That ment that I would only be pregnent for 4 to 5 months.

Three months passed and there was no word from Jake. I was nearing the end of my pregnency when one day I opened the door and there was a strange man about to knock. I was good friends with all my neighbors and they all were out on their porch.

"Hellow, I'm a friend of Logan's and I've been sent to kill you." He smirked and looked at my stomach and his grin grew larger. "I'm going to enjoy killing you."