Chapter 1 The WerePanther I Call Mine

Chapter 1 The WerePanther I call Mine

I woke in extream pain. I cried out. The stranger who mated me rushed over and grabed my hand.

"Don't move. I'll go get you something for the pain." He hurried out of the room and came out a second later with a bunch of pills. He handed me the pills and a glass of water. He helped me sit up and once again I cried out. He winced as if he were also feeling the pain.

I swallowed the pills and sat back carefully. "Where am I?" I asked wincing in the pain in my side. It was then that I noticed I was covered in bandages and wearing only a huge shirt that was obviously the stranger's who rescued me.

"You're at my house. You live right next to me. I looked through his window to see the inside of my room. Our rooms and windows were exactly aligned.

"So your my new nighbor." I mused, wincing again.

"Jake Reed ." He said holding out a hand. I shook it.

"Avalon Crystal. You can just call me Ava. Where did you live before you moved here?" I asked making small talk.

"I lived in Green Bay. We moved because my parents got transfered to the company here. My dads CEO of the company. I forgot the name of it. Anyway, most of the time its just me and my mom because my dads always working but we get by." Jake looked off in the distance then looked at me. "What about you?"

"My parents died three years ago. They were murdered.  My brother took me and adopted me to keep me from going to a foster home. I owe him everything. Now that I'm 18, I live alone although my brother visits nearly every day. His name is Dylan Mallard." At my confused face I said, "We have the same parents. I just took my mom's maiden name."

"Why did you take your mom's maiden name? Why didn't you keep your dads?"

"My mom ment the world to me. My dad wasn't around alot and when they died, I wanted to do something in memory of her. I couldn't think of anything better than taking her maiden name."

" That I can understand. So are you going to collage?"

"I'm going to Rasussen. I'm going to be a peditrician."

"Like kids?" He asked grinning.

"Yeah." At this I saddened.

"What, What is it? Did I say something wrong?" He looked worried and concerned.

"No, its just that I most likely won't be able to have kids or if I do, they won't survive their first shift." My eyes were tearing up at this point. I wiped the tears away with the back of my hand. Crying wasn't going to change anything. It was just a weakness I did't need at this moment.

At this he gathered me in his arms and said "We'll find a way. I promise you."

We talked for hours then fell asleep in each other's arms.